X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Hacked for the 5th time this month

Hello,
    Been using the latest version of VB.

As soon as I put the forum up..It gets hacked..

I have no plugins or modifications installed.. Even on a fresh install it gets done..

SO my question is.

What permissions are the absolute best for all files within vb.

I have no idea how this guy is getting in..But is is frustrating .

THank you

Hacked how?

Comment

The main page was taken down and replaced with some hacked by page..
      I do not know how they were able to get in..
      again it was done multiple times. Each time I had the forum redone, and even from a fresh install they hacked it..

not sure even where to look to see how they got in..

any suggestions

Comment

Something is comprimised on some end, be it the server, your pc, etc. Did the files get replaced on the server, or edited? Or was it done in the database?

The best thing you can do is update and change to more secure information and follow the directions here: http://www.vbulletin.com/go/secure

Comment

Hello,

I can submit the information for my cpanel and database info to you if you would like to check?

I have read the link you posted and I have had all of these measures in place.

Comment

Try to ask your host to check their access logs and see how exactly the hackers got in. I agree with Zachery, it looks like the culprit can be a security hole in the server, or at your pc and/or in another third party software you are using. Because as of this moment there are no known security with the latest vb versions of both branches.

Also, check your server space for anything out of ordinary like suspicious files for ex. And run a thorough virus/spyware scan on your pc as well.

Comment

• Download a fresh copy of vb from your members section,
              • Check your ftp files public_html directory onwards for any suspicious files,
              • The website which got hacked, download all the root files and do a virus scan on them to identify any rougue files,
              • Before you make a fresh installation, change your login passwords for ftp and create a new database with a new password,
              • Upload a fresh set of files and install the forum,

Who is your host? Are you on a shared server or a vps / dedicated?

Comment

I keep getting hacked as well.. injected with malware..

I'm so pissed. I should of stuck with vb 3.8

700,000 page impression website going down the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieV8 View Post
                  I keep getting hacked as well.. injected with malware..

I'm so pissed. I should of stuck with vb 3.8

700,000 page impression website going down the hole.
                  There are no know exploits for vB4 or vB3 at this time, are you on a dedicated/semi dedicated vps or on shared host?

Comment

Sounds like another GODADDY ?
                    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...godaddy+hacked

There are more if you search..

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      There are no know exploits for vB4 or vB3 at this time, are you on a dedicated/semi dedicated vps or on shared host?
                      dedicated system, only my forum running. completely locked down server. they're getting in via the http.
                      A few of my members have now been infected by "antivir"

Comment

this is happening to me also.....but..i dnt get infected on dedidated server when i host it there..just when i host on webhost....keep getting injected code in index files and other files....i take every precaution going...but they still seem to upload **** andflag virus software..

please dose anyone have any more feedback on this?

Comment

There is nothing stoping someone from editing the vBulletin source files if they have access to the server on some level.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieV8 View Post
                            they're getting in via the http.
                            If you know how they are getting in then you can fix it - or are are you just guessing ?
                            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by x626xblack View Post
                              Sounds like another GODADDY ?
                              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...godaddy+hacked

There are more if you search..
                              I just left GoDaddy a few mins ago for a new host. I called them on the phone for help setting up a password on one of my directories and the tech. support operator told me to "go search Google". That pissed me off.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X