No announcement yet.

Maintenance Backup Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well got the answer from support ticket now I understand this and know how to do my backup. Will use the built in backup and restore of Yahoo for mysql database and then will use Filezilla for the Vbulletin folder. I just have to also make sure to backup the RV Clubs web site because the Yahoo mysql does not let me pick what mysql database to backup just does them all so I guess restores them all also.

May look at MysqlDumper and see what that is like.

Thanks to all who have been patient with me in trying to help me. When I get the hang of all this I will return the favor to those just starting out. I am sure I will have more questions.

Comment

No problem, I've asked my fair share of questions (and still do).

What does mysql do act as the go between to pass information from Vbulletin folder to the server?
      Mysql is a database program (like MS Access is for Windows) that the PHP files read the data from.

When your backing up the vbulletin files, you are physically downloading a copy of those files.

When you back up the mysql database, its kind of like doing a "save as" to a folder so you can then download it to your PC if that makes sense.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by RVNUTS View Post
        I do have phpmyadmin installed on my yahoo domain so since yahoo only uses mysql for the database this is all I have to backup just mysql?
        In phpmyadmin choose the vB database.
        Choose export.
        Choose save as file.

Your database for vB going to be copied to your PC.
        In the future any problem with your database you can import back your backup.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Well switching my host to URLjet this will take care of my backup problem.

Comment

Well solved most of my problems by changing domain hosts went to URLjet very happy with them so far and the Vbulletin suite 4 is working like a champ.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X