Is The a way to delete Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Is The a way to delete Home

I currently dont want a home page on vbulletin is there a way of removing it?

do you want anything in place of it?

Comment

No for now I just wanna have the forum

Comment

There might be a better way but just by deleting (or better yet renaming) the index.php file you can 'remove' it... I don't know if there are links built in to it though.

Comment

Sorry but Im not the best at using vbulletin just started.
          Where would I go to do this.

Comment

You would probably need an FTP client, you would browse to your forum directory and rename the file index.php to something else in case you ever need it back, say index2.php
            That will do what you ask but there are issues... first when someone goes to www.your-domain.com they will get a 404 page not found message because you removed the 'homepage' which isn't a good idea - that's why I asked if you wanted to replace it with something. I'd strongly suggest NOT doing this and just putting up a basic 'homepage' rather than deleting it altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Lahey View Post
              I currently dont want a home page on vbulletin is there a way of removing it?
              What are you using for a homepage? The vb cms or some other third party script?

Comment

For my homepage I would like to use the forum for now

Comment

From your Admin Control Panel go...

Plugins & Products>Manage Products>vBulletin CMS: Disable (from the dropdown list)

Comment