Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streetgliderx
    replied
    Thanks Lynne, but i have read both those articles well over a dozen times. the trouble i come into is i simply dont understand them, this is why i was seeking hands on help.

thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I use a modification to do daily backups of my site (check vbulletin.org, the modification site for modifications), but there are also instructions in the manual here - Backing-up your MySQL Database Manually

There is an article here on setting up a test forum - Creating A Test Site

Leave a comment:

• Streetgliderx
    started a topic [Forum] help newb with backup process

help newb with backup process

i would love some hands on help with my backup procedure for my forum. i want to back everythign up and i want to get setup where i can maybe have it auto update.. i have my shell acsess and putty program, i am also on bluehost servers,... the instructions i have read 1000 time but they are written for folks who can type without looking at the keys... me i am computer un-inclined,.... its amazing i have made it this far... im willing to pay for help i just need some experience doing it for the first time so i know i dont crash things with my site.

we had a major crash sunday before the 4th july on an SMF forum setup... i bought the VB for the rebuild and its back up and stronger than ever so i couldnt bear to lose it again. i want to be able to restore EVERYTHING so my users dont loose all their hard earned posts and threads they spent years developing.... also i would like this help to include showing me how to make a test forum so i can incorporate the new updates to the vb software without fear of my ignorance totaling my site out.

thanks fellas any help is greatly appricieated
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X