help newb with backup process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] help newb with backup process

i would love some hands on help with my backup procedure for my forum. i want to back everythign up and i want to get setup where i can maybe have it auto update.. i have my shell acsess and putty program, i am also on bluehost servers,... the instructions i have read 1000 time but they are written for folks who can type without looking at the keys... me i am computer un-inclined,.... its amazing i have made it this far... im willing to pay for help i just need some experience doing it for the first time so i know i dont crash things with my site.

we had a major crash sunday before the 4th july on an SMF forum setup... i bought the VB for the rebuild and its back up and stronger than ever so i couldnt bear to lose it again. i want to be able to restore EVERYTHING so my users dont loose all their hard earned posts and threads they spent years developing.... also i would like this help to include showing me how to make a test forum so i can incorporate the new updates to the vb software without fear of my ignorance totaling my site out.

thanks fellas any help is greatly appricieated

I use a modification to do daily backups of my site (check vbulletin.org, the modification site for modifications), but there are also instructions in the manual here - Backing-up your MySQL Database Manually

There is an article here on setting up a test forum - Creating A Test Site

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks Lynne, but i have read both those articles well over a dozen times. the trouble i come into is i simply dont understand them, this is why i was seeking hands on help.

thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X