Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Strange Guest All the Time

Hello Guys,

I've been having a guest connected 24/7 in my page and it's from the same place. It has the following IP - 95.108.247.251. When I click that IP in the Who's Online Page it gives me this - spider87.yandex.ru. It's always connected and visiting different parts of my forum... Someone else with this same issue?

How can I get rid of it?
    Vbulletin Rocks!!!
    What you do in life, echoes in eternity

Its a spider, it is likely spidering (reading and storing) the content you have for its search index. If you want to block it, block its IP address at the server level, or in vBulletin under User Banning Options, in the Settings > Options area.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      Its a spider, it is likely spidering (reading and storing) the content you have for its search index. If you want to block it, block its IP address at the server level, or in vBulletin under User Banning Options, in the Settings > Options area.
      I want to know if it's dangerous to have that spider looking around.
      Vbulletin Rocks!!!

Comment

It's not dangerous, no. Spider's are pretty much friendly. Take for example "The Way Way Back Machine", spider's index your website and users can look on websites like that (if your website is stored of course) and see what your website was like. Going forward 2 years, if you want to remember what your forum was like a year ago, it would all be stored.

Never had a spider that's malicious though. But it'd be possible to have malicious ones most likely, looking for vulnerabilities in your software. But I don't think there's anything to worry about. If you're unsure then just ban them and blacklist their IP address from your website. Also a quick google search will find a PHP code to permanently stop spider's accessing your website.

Comment

Thanks a lot!....
          Vbulletin Rocks!!!

Comment

The only thing I'm concern is that this spider is 24/7 connected.

Is this normal for a spider?
            Vbulletin Rocks!!!

Comment

Yeah, spider's usually will stay on your website until you disable them or something along those lines. If you don't want to show them in the 'users online' just don't show anything to do with their usergroup :-)

Comment

Originally posted by PBPR View Post
                Hello Guys,

I've been having a guest connected 24/7 in my page and it's from the same place. It has the following IP - 95.108.247.251. When I click that IP in the Who's Online Page it gives me this - spider87.yandex.ru. It's always connected and visiting different parts of my forum... Someone else with this same issue?

How can I get rid of it?
                I've had the Yandex spider on my forum for the last 4 hours now, so far. Not sure what it is doing as I have very little content. No biggie, though.
                vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Thanks guys!
                  Vbulletin Rocks!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X