Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    There is no way to make a user pay a subscription PRIOR to registering, or during registration. It must be done AFTER the fact right now.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by RVNUTS View Post
    but when I registered as a new member is asked nothing about subscribing and paying using PayPal
    When a new User registers, they receive an Email and a PM, welcoming them.

You can change the content of these messages by going to your AdminCP - Settings - User Registration Options. They are listed as Welcome PM and Welcome Email. Clicking the relevant links in these sections will open the Phrase Manager entry for them, where you could add any Paypal requirement info.

Leave a comment:

• RVNUTS
    replied
    OK now I have some things working you are right I am not use to such a suffocated message base this has almost to many options but the permissions are very confusing.
    One thing I see I did not do was go into the user administration once a new user was registered, validated I did not then assign them to a user group. Once I did this things work as they should, except the subscription system.

I found away around the subscription not working or maybe I do not know how it is to work. I have it set for PayPal only but when I registered as a new member is asked nothing about subscribing and paying using PayPal...BUT after setting to be notified when A new user registers I can then email them and tell them they have to pay using PayPal.

I have the API set to use paypal and verified through the API it works should it ask new users to use paypal somehow I was hoping?

Sorry for the burst of frustration I also have allot of physical problems 100 percent disabled vet and I hurt allot usually that gets me frustrated easily will not happen again.

I must say some way to order or print a user manual would be a help, I know you can pick that option but must print the entire 500 pages at once I did try printing as Adobe but then prints so small you can not read it without a magnifying glass and my glasses.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Ranting about it not working does nothing to improve your situation or our understanding. The language difference adds one level of difficulty, but you're adding another unnecessary level. Please explain exactly what you want it to do and exactly what you have tried. vBulletin does everything (almost) based on a very robust permission system. Takes a little while, but once you understand it, thing go much easier.

Give up if you must, up to you.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by RVNUTS View Post
    OK Do not get it I have set all the permissions everywhere and new unregistered users are not allowed to post a message, BUT I open the Vbulletin board register as a new user and it lets me post a message.
    There's not really such a thing as a 'new unregistered user'. Either they are Registered, or they are Guests.

Setting a permission for the Unregistered group, then testing it as the Registered group will never result in the expected behaviour. You need to alter the permission for the Registered group also.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What do you want to do with the permissions?

What do you want to do with subscriptions?

As for using the admincp, and the online doc, you could use two browser windows, two browser tabs, or two different browsers. Two different browsers will allow you to login to your forum as two different users at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• RVNUTS
    replied
    Well just bought the Vbulletin myself I do not have anything to do with it. I am totaly confused also everytime I think I figured out this problem nothing works?

I can't get the permissions to work no matter what I try made sure all the options are set in setup areas, permission areas you name it but nothing works as it should?

Starting to wonder if I can get a refund I have been doing this stuff for years this Vbulletin either is the most user unfriendly program I ever user or it does not work right.

I quite for today been at this all day and it seems like nothing works in the admin controls like it should?

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    I'm not totally understanding you. You register as a new user and it lets you post. What do you want it to allow after you register?

Paid subscriptions are available to registered users, nothing to do with registration.

You're not registered = you have certain permissions (or not)

You register and you become a "registered user" = you have new permissions

You subscribe and you enter a new user group = you have even more permissions
    Last edited by nakedanvil; Fri 23 Jul '10, 4:01pm.

Leave a comment:

• RVNUTS
    replied
    pportuese, I now can not do anything I went back and made access for all user groups to they can do nothing. So now they can't do anything even when registered and the subscription still does not work.

I went in the and used the quick permission setp for groups but this still does not work. wow i HAVE BEEN RUNNING MESSAGE BASES since the dos days not sure why things do not work when you set the up to work hope I am not sorry Ibought this Vbulletin. If I figure it out I will let ya know

Leave a comment:

• pportuese
    replied
    I would like to know as well I am having the same issue and also not 100% how to do api on paypal.

Leave a comment:

• RVNUTS
    started a topic [Forum] Permissions and Subscriptions

Permissions and Subscriptions

OK Do not get it I have set all the permissions everywhere and new unregistered users are not allowed to post a message, BUT I open the Vbulletin board register as a new user and it lets me post a message.

Also I have set the board to have Paid subscriptions and set up the API manager and it also when I register as a new user said anything about paying, let me register and post a message?

I checked all the permissions over and over.

Since I only have one computer hard to try and look at the on line manual and use the admin panel. I tried to use the printable manual but can print 500 pages at once. When saved the manual prints out such small type you can read it any way to get a printed manual?