Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Extremely slow in 4.0.5

Hello

Big is the slowness of my forum now, 6 seconds more in 4.0.5 than in 4.0.2.

Anyone know how slow 4.0.5?

regards

my Forums are going through a hardcore slow down. I was running 3.8.x and I expected to expierience a bit of a slow down, but it goes to ridiculous lengths now. Before pages would load within 2 to 4 seconds tops. Now pages sometimes dont load after 20-25 seconds. OR just time out completely.

Nor am I able to handle a third less of the user load I used to. From having 800-900 people (600-750 members) to not being able to process more then 600. Although lately, even though I checked everything, restarted everything, made sure logs were cleaned up, etc. Even with 300 people my forum lags like holy hell.

Mind you the forum is running on 8 cores and with 16GB of memory -_-.

Comment

Yuck. Glad we didn't deploy this hog.
      PhotoCamel | PoetryCircle | KissMyCamel

Comment

I spend optimizing the server and the forum all day now and I ended up lowering the load with 0.5 to 1.0 (still basically non stop 1.5 to 2.8 load while in 3.8.x on same amount was only 1.0-1.9) and applied all the tricks I could find on a exception of a few display settings to speed up the forum loading.

Forum ran really fast for about 6 hours, after that slowed down for a bit again. Now taking about 10-15 seconds on the longest to load a page, still considerably slower then 3.8.x and seeing the content other then layout change basically is the same, I really don't see why this is happening.

I also decided to turn off the Attachment control panel thing that is new to v.b 4.x and just keep using the 3.8.x style uploader as this was causing massive errors.

Comment

if vb4 is such a "hog" why is this site running like lightning for me?

Comment

Check what version of PHP you're running. If it's less than 5.30 (current is 5.33), upgrade. This significantly improved forum speed for me. While you're at it, upgrade to the latest versions of MySQL and Apache too.
            Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
            Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

Originally posted by sross View Post
              if vb4 is such a "hog" why is this site running like lightning for me?
              well it helps if you are the maker of the code, to create a prefect optimization for your own site eh.

Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
              Check what version of PHP you're running. If it's less than 5.30 (current is 5.33), upgrade. This significantly improved forum speed for me. While you're at it, upgrade to the latest versions of MySQL and Apache too.
              This actually might be a good idea, my php might be a bit outdated, I will get on updating that to the 5.33 hopefully that will increase it the speed as well.

Apache is already fully upgraded, but I am sure there might be a newer version of MySQL out already again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbus View Post
                well it helps if you are the maker of the code, to create a prefect optimization for your own site eh.
                No, we actually run the customer release of the code here.
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment