Login issue password is shown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Login issue password is shown

Occasionally the Password Shows, instead of *****, when you click the Username box, the "User Name" text doesn't disappear, it has to be manually removed to type in the actual user name.

Refreshing the page a few times seems to fix it

Any other boards having this issue? Several users have reported it on my site and I get the same issue on vbulletin.com

Comment

Are you blocking javascript at all on any level?

Comment

THe password field in vBulletin is turning the input field characters to ** using javascript? i dont understand you zach?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          THe password field in vBulletin is turning the input field characters to ** using javascript? i dont understand you zach?
          No, sorry, it was my only thought as to why it'd do that. Since the browser is told that the field is a password box, I cannot think of any reason your password would showup in the password box as readable plaintext. Do you have any browser/OS addons to manage passwords for you that could be changing the html?

Comment

No password storing on my work computer and I still have the issue about 2/5 loads and I had it on vbulletin.com as well.

It only effects the login box at the top. Clicking reply to thread and using that login works everytime.

Comment

I've never seen it do this, if its doing it on multiple sites I suspect something is up with your computer/browser.

Comment

input fields that are marked as passwords do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT
                NOT NOT NOT
                NOT
                swap to plain text.

Make a screen capture video and post it please, so we can see the behavior.

Comment

I believe it has to do with NoScript at the Facebook integration.

Comment

HTML Code:
                                        <input style="color: rgb(130, 130, 130);" class="textbox" name="vb_login_username" id="navbar_username" size="10" accesskey="u" tabindex="101" value="User Name" type="text">
                                        <input class="textbox default-value" tabindex="102" name="vb_login_password_hint" id="navbar_password_hint" size="10" value="Password" style="display: inline;" type="text">
                                        <input style="display: none;" class="textbox" tabindex="102" name="vb_login_password" id="navbar_password" size="10" type="password">
                                        <input class="loginbutton" tabindex="104" value="Log in" title="Enter your username and password in the boxes provided to login, or click the 'register' button to create a profile for yourself." accesskey="s" type="submit">
                    two fields for password. one is type of text; another is of password. when selecting/clicking that field, "text" one is set to hidden and "password" one is shown.
                    for some reason, this is not working. may be noscript; may be something else.

Comment

I see it too yeah, it's to have it say 'Password', so when you click on it it goes away.

Wow ..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/693961/Scree...16.51%20PM.png

Yeah, the noscript will break it, since they use js to change the visible "pass" to go away onclick to the real field, that's display nothing -> show.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X