Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boofo
    replied
    I've never set it up like you have, that is why I never ran into it before. But this is just the tip of the iceberg on my ignorance of many of the vb toys.

Leave a comment:

• sinucello
    replied
    Hi,
    Originally posted by Boofo View Post
    I don't have that option in my default setup. That is a mod?
    wow, I found something that grandmaster Boofo doesn`t know ;-). No, that`s not from a mod and that option only appears if the user is a member of a secondary usergroup where the "canoverride" option is set. Just create a test group with that option set, edit a test user and give him this secondary group, save and re-edit the profile and then you`ll see that option.

Background: we created a secondary group for forum sponsors, raising their limits for private messages and album pictures. All members of this group get a sponsor logo in the postbit. The problem is that some of them don`t want to be marked as sponsors without giving up the benefits. So instead of creating yet another usergroup "sponsors without a button" I`d prefer to use that option as it seems to be really made for a case like this. Would fit in perfectly but I can`t get that darn condition to work....

all the best,
    Sacha

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    I don't have that option in my default setup. That is a mod?

Leave a comment:

• sinucello
    replied
    Originally posted by Boofo View Post
    Do you mean usergroupid?
    Hi,

thanks for your reply. No I don`t think so. To me it looks like this:
    usergroupid = primary usergroup of the poster
    membergroupids = secondary usergroups of the poster
    displaygroupid = usergroup selected for title display in postbit in admincp/user.php?do=edit (see screenshot)

displaygroupid is what I`m looking for as I don`t want the info in postbit to show up automatically as soon as the poster is member of the secondary group. It should only appear when the user or admin chooses the group in the select box marked in the screenshot.

Sorry, screenshot is from a german admincp.

all the best,
    Sacha
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    Do you mean usergroupid?

Leave a comment:

• sinucello
    started a topic [Forum] Condition for postbit - displaygroupid

Condition for postbit - displaygroupid

Hi,

I`d like to show some information in the postbit template if the poster is a member of the additional usergroup 45 and has chosen to display the title of group 45 in his profile.
    Code:
    <vb:if condition="is_member_of($post,45)">
        member of group 45
    </vb:if>
    works but ignores the displaygroupid-setting. The information is displayed as soon as group 45 is selected as additional group no matter what is selected in the "display usergroup" select-box above.

Code:
    <vb:if condition="$post['displaygroupid'] == 45">
        member of group 45 and displaygroupid set to 45
    </vb:if>
    doesn`t work at all.

Can anyone tell me how to access the displaygroupid setting of a poster in a condition?

thank you - all the best,
    Sacha