Articles in CMS: "you do not have permission to access this page"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Articles in CMS: "you do not have permission to access this page"

I haven't been using the CMS much but decided to turn it on again to play with it. I know it was working before - maybe version 4.0.1.. since then i've been using vbadvanced.

Anyway - enabled vbulletin cms and everything looked great - until my users started telling me that they were getting permission errors when trying to view any of the articles.

I double checked and I have permissions on 'Home' set correctly for read access - I also do have the 'show on section widget' set to yes.

I can view fine as admin but non-logged in users and reg'd users get the error.
    Running vb 4.0.5 suite

Any ideas?
    Site: http://www.glockforums.org

Click image for larger version

Name:	permissions1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	3718306
    Click image for larger version

Name:	permissions2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	3718305
    Last edited by KProjects; Sun 18 Jul '10, 4:27pm.
    sigpic

I am getting users on my site telling me the same thing. I would also like to know if this is an issue or am I missing a permission setting. I am currently running 4.0.4

Comment

Its worth asking users to try and reset/clear cookies, offline files etc on their browsers first. I had similar issues last week and couldn't replicate them with a test user I created.

vBulletin support found a couple of permission issues, but even after resolving those, people are still having problems and vBulletin say it must be down to the client end.

Comment

Having the same problem, need a fix ASAP.

Comment

There's a bug report somewhere about this feature that they added... it has some code to fix it. You may want to look for it in the tracker.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Actually, I got mine fixed with the help of Edwin and Lynne. Make sure your sections are actually published, and then make sure the permissions are on for the sections as well.

Comment

Look at:
              admincp >> vbulletin CMS >> permissions and make sure the sections the articles are contained in have read access for the usergroups you mention.

If that is the case then make sure that the sections are actually published.
              sigpic
              Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

Originally posted by reefland View Post
                Look at:
                admincp >> vbulletin CMS >> permissions and make sure the sections the articles are contained in have read access for the usergroups you mention.

If that is the case then make sure that the sections are actually published.
                This was my problem. By default, the home CMS page is not published. Genius at work here. The error message should indicate that the section isn't published.
                My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

First of all throw vbadvanced in the junk pile were it belongs I have used it for many years, It can not compare with vb's cms which is awesome to say the least. Then see if you have the same problem...
                  Uberforces

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X