Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with the search by member posts - only 500 results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] What's up with the search by member posts - only 500 results?

I have recently upgraded to version 4, and now when I see a member and want to click on all their posts, I am lucky if I only get a few. I then went to click on my own user to "view all posts by this user" and I get this link http://www.realestatewebmasters.com/...?searchid=4223 - if you follow the pagination to the end, it maxes out at 500 posts.

I have updated my search counter or whatever you call it in the admin section, I hoped that would help, but it didn't. I (and many others have) 15,000+ posts - and the search only shows 500 (also not being able to easily select and delete the posts of drive by spammers is REALLY annoying.

Please advise
    Real Estate Webmasters

Anyone?
    Real Estate Webmasters

Comment

Its been this way for forever, there is and always has been a limit on returned posts. Max search results by default is 200.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        Its been this way for forever, there is and always has been a limit on returned posts. Max search results by default is 200.
        Thats incorrect, i run 3.7 and have mine set to 100,000. See picture below...

Click image for larger version

Name:	search.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	3679679

Comment

I am moderately sure the limit by default is 200, and that it has been in the software since vB3, if not before. How was what I said incorrect?

Comment

If it is 200, why is the default setting at 500?
            vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment