No announcement yet.

How to change background on 4.0.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to change background on 4.0.4?

Hey can someone please help me figure this out, lol... I am trying to add a background image to my forum. I am stylevars>doc_background.. I set the path correctly with the url() needed. I am actually seeing the color of my image in the preview, but my forum background is staying white. I dunno if its a bug or maybe I am just simply missing something. Thanks in advance for any info tho help me get this fixed! I have included a screenie as well

Click image for larger version

Name:	BG Screenie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	3718288

Try adding the full url to the image and see if that helps.
    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

I tried to add the full URL.. The code i have in the background image box is... url(http://www.mysite.com/forum/images/ltlogo1.png).... When i put this in my preview disappears back to transparent.. Any other suggestions? Thanks so much again btw!!

Comment

Is your logo file right under the images directory or in one of its sub-directories?
        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

Try using the Body Background styvar instead of the doc one.

Comment

It is located directly under images file I also changed body background stylevar, I see the correct color in the preview, just like in doc_background as well but still white on forum Thanks for all the help, and do you have any other suggestions?

Comment

I will have to play with it on my site and see what I can figure out. I haven't run into this before as I have never messed with a background image. Have you tried setting the Units setting in there?

Comment

I have not on the body background, i did on the doc side of things... What would be best setting for units?

Comment

Also when i change the units to anything my preview disappears back to transparent

Comment

I have no idea what the Units does. I was just thinking out loud I guess. Sorry for that.

ltlogo1.png is a valid PNG file, right?

Comment

i do believe so.. lol.. when i enter it in in the preview at the bottom is changes to the same green color that is in my image.. so you mean is the path correct or how to check if it is valid?

Comment

So i def need to change the doc background as I am trying to change the outer parts of forum the body is kinda not what I am after lol... Anyways hope this helps in getting figured out Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Well, I got it to show after clicking the save button. But is shows on the body background and not the page background.

Comment

Ok, I got it to work on the doc background setting. You have to save it before it will show up, though.

Comment

So this means i must have a invalid file or something? Does it have to be a specific file type?

Comment