problems with firefox browser 4.0.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by netsultants View Post
    You might try installing Firebug and seeing if you can detect what's not loading.

When I load your page it's external sites that are hanging.

Paypal.com and directorio-enlaces.nociondigital.com
    I and removed Paypal.com and directorio-enlaces.nociondigital.com the same problem now and can see

Comment

Did you install the Firebug extension for Firefox? Use the net tab to watch how your page is loading.

Comment

Originally posted by netsultants View Post
        Did you install the Firebug extension for Firefox? Use the net tab to watch how your page is loading.
        On my site I've disabled plugins entirely and it's still taking 16 seconds to load the page.

I'm not entirely sure how to use Firebug, but I think that it's telling me there's a 15 second delay after loading a 3.2 Kb PNG file before the next PNG is loaded... have a look at the attached screenshot and let me know if I'm reading that correctly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Firebug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	3679667

Comment

I've found that if I disable the Java Console add-in in Firefox, the entire page loads. If I enable it, only about half of the page loads, then the rest shows up a few seconds later.

{EDIT}

I spoke too soon. I removed that add-in, restarted Firefox and have the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelbeck View Post
            ..... I think that it's telling me there's a 15 second delay after loading a 3.2 Kb PNG file
            Close... But it's telling you that it's starting 15sec. since page load.

I don't know why. I can tell you the OP page is loading slower in FF than Safari.

Comment

I tried it with Chrome earlier today and it seems to work fine there. Tried a few web sites that check page load speed and most of them reported < 5 seconds. So this seems to be just related to Firefox.

Comment

Here is my experience.

My forums was loaded very very very slowly on firefox, but not on chrome and IE.
                I tried to optimize caching by adding some codes on htaccess file (try to search on here, i got that tips from this forum).
                And finally it is loaded fast (at least such as loaded on my IE and chrome) until now.

I guess my firefox had problem with caching or something like that.

Maybe you can give it a try?
                I use vbulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelbeck View Post
                  FWIW, my site is http://www.lidragracing.com. Give it a try with both IE and Firefox and see if you have the same results.
                  Yes I can confirm I am experiencing this problem on yours and some other sites. Not only is it taking a really long time to open in Firefox but it completely refuses to open in the Google Chrome browser.
                  www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by vijayninel View Post
                    Yes I can confirm I am experiencing this problem on yours and some other sites. Not only is it taking a really long time to open in Firefox but it completely refuses to open in the Google Chrome browser.
                    strange. after going 4.0.5, i have a few users reporting they can not open forum page (cms/blog pages are ok) on Chrome but it loads fine with other browsers.

Comment

Originally posted by CvP View Post
                      strange. after going 4.0.5, i have a few users reporting they can not open forum page (cms/blog pages are ok) on Chrome but it loads fine with other browsers.
                      I cant open even your CMS or blog pages on chrome 5 Its opening fine on firefox though.

Comment

Originally posted by vijayninel View Post
                        I cant open even your CMS or blog pages on chrome 5 Its opening fine on firefox though.
                        you mean http://banglagamer.com ?
                        I just tried (from my office) and all pages loaded properly with Chrome 5.

Comment

Originally posted by CvP View Post
                          you mean http://banglagamer.com ?
                          I just tried (from my office) and all pages loaded properly with Chrome 5.
                          Yes. I cant access your site banglagamer.com on Chrome 5.0.375.99 it just gives a blank white page. Previously your site used to open just fine on all browsers. Here is a screenshot.

Comment

This sucks. I can't reproduce it. how am I going to debug this? :'(

Comment

This is really odd .. even I can figure out this one. Usually its IE which gives trouble not Chrome which is one of the best browsers technically. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Comment

This is vb 4.0.5 problem need to solve them and not show their faces.

Since version 4.0.x only gives problems.

The CPU on my server, the 4.0.5 update to excessive load.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X