CMS Comments Forum Not Directly Accessible by Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] CMS Comments Forum Not Directly Accessible by Users

I have a news forum category when I put news in, so I've set this as the default forum for CMS comments.

However, it seems users can't directly access this forum anymore. I've checked permissions and they are fine. I can see it as admin, but not logged out or as a regular user. This means that users have to leave comment on the article and cannot do so directly in the comments thread.

The error I get is:
    Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Have I done something wrong, of is this by design? If by design, this needs a rethink.

Please advise. Thanks.
    Mike Warner
    MIGWeb - a Vauxhall Site for Enthusiasts of all Vauxhalls

This is intentional for the time being, It should be fleshed out and finished (as an option, hopefully).

Comment

If you want it enabled again as it was before here's how - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...Comments/page6

Comment

Many thanks - I've applied the fix on the other thread now.
        Mike Warner
        MIGWeb - a Vauxhall Site for Enthusiasts of all Vauxhalls

Comment

Is this back to NORMAL in 4.0.5? If not will it be corrected in 4.0.6?

Waiting until 4.0.5 to make this change was absolutely the most ignorant decision to make to date. For 6 months we were trained that things would work a certain way, our members were used to the way things worked. Now someone has a brain fart and changes (Breaks) the CMS comments intentionally?

Comment

Originally posted by x626xblack View Post
            Is this back to NORMAL in 4.0.5? If not will it be corrected in 4.0.6?

Waiting until 4.0.5 to make this change was absolutely the most ignorant decision to make to date. For 6 months we were trained that things would work a certain way, our members were used to the way things worked. Now someone has a brain fart and changes (Breaks) the CMS comments intentionally?
            The change was made in 4.0.4, not 4.0.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              The change was made in 4.0.4, not 4.0.5.
              Yea Zack. That is exactly what I posted in my first line. Has it been changed back in 4.0.5?

Normal being 4.0.3..... Screwed up in 4.0.4 ............ I asked if it was corrected or back to normal in 4.0.5???

Of course you find a type-o in the second line and only point that out with out giving anything resembling an answer.

Comment

No, it was not fixed in time for 4.0.5, I'm not sure if it got fully finished in 4.0.6 but ill see what I can do to check.

Comment

No, it was not fixed in time for 4.0.5, I'm not sure if it got fully finished in 4.0.6 but ill see what I can do to check.
                  Thank you.

I am not sure what you mean by "fixed" as it was working fine in 4.0.3.... But I surely do hope it is back to normal very soon.

Having articles with comments underneath and having to make a separate forum to discuss comments and article is not really efficient.

Comment

I experienced the same problem. The article comments forum should be accessible just like any other forum. As an enhancement, I suggest there should be an option to include the full article, rather than just a link, when creating the initial post in the comment forum.

I suppose one concern would be that the article could be edited at a later date. So perhaps a phrase gets added along with the copy of the article saying that this is the original article, please visit this link to see if its been modified.

Comment

The issue was turned around in 4.0.6.

Comment

The issue was turned around in 4.0.6.
                        Thanks for letting me know. I'm still on 4.0.5, waiting for 4.1

Is 4.1 still on schedule for October?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X