Articles showing only "New Article" on CMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Articles showing only "New Article" on CMS

I have a problem with all new article I post. The content is not showing in the preview. Only the text "New article" (see screenshot).

The only way to fix it is to edit the story and save.

This also causes a problem because the time of publishing counts back 1 hour everytime I edit it.

Can anyone help me?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bloodything.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	3718271
    http://www.zgeek.com
    We put the "M" in stupid.

I am having the same problem, awaiting a solution

Comment

What version are you using? There was an issue earlier, I believe it was 4.0.3. If you are on v4.0.5 please create a bug report.
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

I've updated to 4.0.5. I had the problem with the time changes started in version 4.0.4.

Comment

If you save the article before entering any content, the article preview is being cached so when you go to edit and add content and then look at the preview again, your seeing the same ole cached preview. For some reason the article preview cache is not updated on an edit and save. Silliest thing I've seen in 4 series.
          sigpic
          Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

I'm using version 4.0.5 .. in 4.0.4 everything was normal

Comment

I've had serious cache issues since upgrading to 4.0.4 and they remain in PL1. I was hoping to get them resolved in 4.0.5 however my tickets have went unanswered. To battle the sillyness, I have temporarily setup a cron to clear the CMS cache every 10 minutes. It's not the greatest solution from a server perspective but necessary to keep the content correct (article previews, comments showing, etc.).
              sigpic

Comment

Following your tip, I decided to disable the caching system of the CMS and simply solved the problem .. worked perfectly ..

Comment

Originally posted by reefland View Post
                  I've had serious cache issues since upgrading to 4.0.4 and they remain in PL1. I was hoping to get them resolved in 4.0.5 however my tickets have went unanswered. To battle the sillyness, I have temporarily setup a cron to clear the CMS cache every 10 minutes. It's not the greatest solution from a server perspective but necessary to keep the content correct (article previews, comments showing, etc.).
                  Could I ask how you did that? It's getting ridiculous on my site with this problem. Seems every update these days adds more bugs than they fix

Comment

Hey ZGeek,

I posted this for you.
                    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=246981
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reefland View Post
                      If you save the article before entering any content, the article preview is being cached so when you go to edit and add content and then look at the preview again, your seeing the same ole cached preview. For some reason the article preview cache is not updated on an edit and save. Silliest thing I've seen in 4 series.
                      I would really like to check this out on a server where this is happening. On our installations this just is not happening, so there's some difference. To analyze this I would need an admin login with permission to administer CMS, and I probably would need FTP access. If someone having this problem is willing to give me this access, please either PM me or create support ticket with the information and PM me with the ticket number.
                      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X