No announcement yet.

ARG:UNDEFINED error in forumview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What counter did you update? I run over most of them and I still have that error.

Comment

Same. Counters don't seem to help. Any more specific infor welcome. Maybe input from VB since this is definitely a problem that the 4.0.5 upgrade caused.
      VB 4.1.9 on the Army Rumour Service
      VBSEO 3.6.0
      CentOS 5.6 / Slackware 12

Comment

Solved: even though my threadbit template was not modified I copied the default template in to it (from 'show default' when looking at the template) and saved it. Problem solved. Wierd.
        VB 4.1.9 on the Army Rumour Service
        VBSEO 3.6.0
        CentOS 5.6 / Slackware 12

Comment

yes this is a threadbit template problem. You have to revert it. if you have never edit the threadbit template then the merge template in upgrade system by vbulletin still not perfect.
          Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.4 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

I have tried updating counters and db optimization, that didn't work. Then I tried reverting the threadbit templates to default, still it does not work. Can anyone please let me know a good solution towards this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tauhid View Post
              I have tried updating counters and db optimization, that didn't work. Then I tried reverting the threadbit templates to default, still it does not work. Can anyone please let me know a good solution towards this.
              Same story here

Comment

Same here unfortunately. I've reverted my threadbit template and repaired/optimised tables as well as resetting all the counters which wouldn't cause perminiant damage. No joy.

Does anyone know what [ARG:5 UNDEFINED] means?

Comment

I think ARG:5 is no longer there. there is no 1, 2, 3, 4. It is something related to the phrases on that threadbit.
                  Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.4 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

Not to doubt you but what phrase is required between the username and the comma? I had got the Username HTML Markup mod installed which might have caused it but uninstalling had no effect.

Any other ideas folks? I'm fresh out myself.

Comment

the phrase is started_by_x_y_z_a

<span class="label">Started by&nbsp;<a href="{1}" class="username understate" title="Started by {2} on {3} {4}">{2}</a>{5},&nbsp;{3}&nbsp;{4}</span>

Comment

Originally posted by napy8gen View Post
                        the phrase is started_by_x_y_z_a

<span class="label">Started by&nbsp;<a href="{1}" class="username understate" title="Started by {2} on {3} {4}">{2}</a>{5},&nbsp;{3}&nbsp;{4}</span>
                        Sorry napy8gen - now I follow you. Adding a translation without the {5} fixed the problem for me. Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadellin View Post
                          Sorry napy8gen - now I follow you. Adding a translation without the {5} fixed the problem for me. Thank you for your assistance.
                          Same here, thanks to both of you.

Comment

Incidentially I can't see how this is anything other than a bug. Styles don't effect the language phrases as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Nice to see an official bug fix!

Do I need to add a new phrase or just edit an existing one?

Comment

Originally posted by Da_Vinci View Post
                                Do I need to add a new phrase or just edit an existing one?
                                Adding a translation for each of your installed languages should be suffient to fix the problem.

Comment