ARG:UNDEFINED error in forumview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] ARG:UNDEFINED error in forumview

after upgrade to 4.0.5 i got an " [ARG:5 UNDEFINED] " next to users nickname in FORUMVIEW!

how to fix it?

forum address: www.bmx.lt/forum

Same for me...

After a nightmare of an upgrade (had to almost re-do my entire site)

Comment

upgrade went well, but had huge problems with 4.0.4. but now i am very depressed with these ARG:5 UNDEFINED errors...

Comment

I'm sorry you are correct it was 4.04 I updated from 4.03 and picked today as the lucky day.. 4.05 upgrade was ok but for the ARG's someone didn't define!

Comment

VBulletin team claims, that this forum runs 4.0.5 now. Why it doesn't have this bug? What do they provide to us? Why their forums run ok, but ours suffer from numerous bugs?

Comment

i updated from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 today. and the [arg:5 undefined] appeared after upgrade - TODAY!

Comment

On our own forums:

Can anyone edit a post and save it? As of today when I edit a post and click "save" I just get that little circle spinning around next to the save button but nothing happens... Anyone else? This also was working before today..

EDIt: Seems I can't save when I inline edit.. When I use advanced I am able to save.
              Last edited by LordVader!; Thu 15th Jul '10, 11:56am.

Comment

saving is working. but i cant find any errors in the code for [arg:5 undefined]

Comment

Ok i can save in the default style.. Also i don't see [ARG:5 UNDEFINED] in the default style however I do see [ARG:5 UNDEFINED] in my custom style..

Comment

i believe its something due to stylevars. because my custom style is made out of the default one, by only changeing the stylevars.

Comment

Hello,

If you can't reproduce the issue with the vB 4 default style then it isn't a bug, it's a problem with your custom style.
                      Andrs Durn Hewitt

Comment

Originally posted by Chuta View Post
                        Hello,

If you can't reproduce the issue with the vB 4 default style then it isn't a bug, it's a problem with your custom style.
                        Not necessarily. I can be just an issue with system configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by FractalizeR View Post
                          Not necessarily. I can be just an issue with system configuration.
                          How can that be, if something works fine on the Default Style, and doesn't on a non-Default Style?
                          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

I also have this and it's not obvious why.

In my lightly-modified-from-VB parent theme it works OK.

In an almost identical child to that parent (stylevar changes only), I get the Arg Undefined error
                            VB 4.1.9 on the Army Rumour Service
                            VBSEO 3.6.0
                            CentOS 5.6 / Slackware 12

Comment

thats what i did and seems it solved my problem:

do the database optimization & repair tables.
                              update counters.

no longer [arg:5 undefined] appears.

great success.

Comment