Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen shot of a server error message

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Screen shot of a server error message

    I've been getting this a lot on my forum. I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff. My forum is hosted with godaddy. It happens maybe 1 out of 30 times I load a page on the site.

    Any ideas on what is causing it and how I can fix it?
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Have you contacted godaddy and asked them about it?
    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

    vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

    I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

    chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

    Comment


    • #3
      Im guessing you are on a shared hosting plan with GoDaddy? I have had the same issue for month, now that I am on Grid with a new server I have no problems

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by EcoCav View Post
        Im guessing you are on a shared hosting plan with GoDaddy? I have had the same issue for month, now that I am on Grid with a new server I have no problems
        Yes, I am on a shared server. How involved is it to move a vbulletin forum to a new hosting company? And how much downtime should I expect?

        I'm very new to all this, would I be able to run a virtual dedicated server by myself? I have virtually no experience with linux.

        Comment


        • #5
          is that reseller or personal hosting?

          There is resource limitation if you are using on reseller hosting, try upgrade your hosting package.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Okuma Steve View Post
            Yes, I am on a shared server. How involved is it to move a vbulletin forum to a new hosting company? And how much downtime should I expect?

            I'm very new to all this, would I be able to run a virtual dedicated server by myself? I have virtually no experience with linux.
            Download all your files to your PC.
            Download(export) your database to your PC.

            Change your nameservers to your new host.
            Upload all your files to the new place.
            Create a database and import your saved file from your PC.

            Some of your users might be able to use your forum in a few hours,for some of them it could take upto 72 hours.


            vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BusyBee View Post
              is that reseller or personal hosting?

              There is resource limitation if you are using on reseller hosting, try upgrade your hosting package.
              I had economy hosting but I upgraded to the next tier when the server problem started. I think it called deluxe, its $6.xx a month.

              If you look at what I'm using compared to what I am paying for, I'm only using a small percentage, maybe 5%.

              I guess my problem is I need dedicated resources instead of shared? For a novice such as myself would a dedicated server be practical or is it just overkill?

              I just started Google analytics and in the last 48 hours I had 92,000 page views. My forum is only two months old, if it keeps growing at this rate is godaddy even a viable option?

              Thanks for all the help.

              Comment

              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X