How to create a Twitter Widget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] How to create a Twitter Widget!

I noticed a few posts having issues with creating a Twitter widget for use with the CMS. I managed to figure it out and will share it with those that are interested and newbies like myself.

1. Go to your twitter page select > settings > profile

2. Under the WEB URL block click "you can also add twitter to your site here"

3. Select widget "for my website", choose the widget type you want, I chose Profile Widget

4. Complete the settings, preferences, appearance, and dimensions info to suit your taste

5. Select "Test Settings" to see if it is how you want it to appear, then select "finish and grab code"

6. Go to VB admin control panel and select vbulletin CMS > widgets

7. Scroll to the bottom and select "create new widget"

8. Under widget type select "static html", enter a name (twitter) and description for the widget and save the widget.

9. Now find the widget (twitter) in the list of widgets and select "configure"

10. In the static html window paste the code you copied from twitter and select save.

11. Now go to vbulletin CMS > layout manager and select edit > go for your current layout

12. from the window to the left find your widget (twitter) then click the arrow > to add it to the layout, move it to where you want it and save the layout.

hope this helps!!!

my twitter widget can be viewed at www.boatinghowto.com

Nice. I like http://tweetboard.com/alpha/ myself... just another thing removed from cluttering the page IMHO.

Nice how-to though... should be submitted into the How-To section.

Comment

thank you and duhhh on my part, I didn't see the how to section. Maybe a moderator can move it.

Comment

Not able to fully implement my twitter gadget

Good afternoon!. I have followed all the steps you kindly posted but my twitter gadget does not get applied to my forum pages under flyordieforum.com

The thing is that: 1- I do not know how to get to know which layout is applied to my current style / which layout is the current one active so that I can add the twitter widget to.

2. Note: I only have one section created named The front page, has that something to do with this, too?

3. Once I install the widget, how can I make the widget to stay signed in with the twitter account for ever so that all the tweets get streamed within that twitter window?

Thanks so very much in advance for your help!

Originally posted by alaska_av8r View Post
        I noticed a few posts having issues with creating a Twitter widget for use with the CMS. I managed to figure it out and will share it with those that are interested and newbies like myself.

1. Go to your twitter page select > settings > profile

2. Under the WEB URL block click "you can also add twitter to your site here"

3. Select widget "for my website", choose the widget type you want, I chose Profile Widget

4. Complete the settings, preferences, appearance, and dimensions info to suit your taste

5. Select "Test Settings" to see if it is how you want it to appear, then select "finish and grab code"

6. Go to VB admin control panel and select vbulletin CMS > widgets

7. Scroll to the bottom and select "create new widget"

8. Under widget type select "static html", enter a name (twitter) and description for the widget and save the widget.

9. Now find the widget (twitter) in the list of widgets and select "configure"

10. In the static html window paste the code you copied from twitter and select save.

11. Now go to vbulletin CMS > layout manager and select edit > go for your current layout

12. from the window to the left find your widget (twitter) then click the arrow > to add it to the layout, move it to where you want it and save the layout.

hope this helps!!!

my twitter widget can be viewed at www.boatinghowto.com

Comment

I don't know what you need to do for getting it to display on the forums, the directions I have above are for the CMS.

Comment

Create html forum block !
            Shayari | Indian Forums - Indian Community

Comment

Is there a way to incorporate or also include the date/time of the twitter post?

Comment

Subscribed for later use

Comment

Anybody know how to modify the Twitter code for forced https? I think that's keeping mine from rendering (I'm just getting a hyperlink).
                  --
                  Velocityxl.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X