One Forum lost it's posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] One Forum lost it's posts

I created a new forum yesterday with a set of thread prefixes, to be used as a Classifieds forum. Worked fine.

Now suddenly, posts dont show up anymore. Says there is no posts. I created a few test posts, they show up in "New Posts" to other members and can be seen. But if you go to the forum in question, it's empty.

Also tried with various thread searches, specify proefix I used in my testing, from beginning and last week etc. Still nothing.

Have reviewed the forum settings many times and tried to turn off prefixes etc but still no help.

I dont have a clue what happened.

UPDATE! Solved!!!
    Last edited by Nicke71; Tue 13 Jul '10, 4:52am.

Did you modify the "default view age" when creating the forum via the forum manager?

Comment

It was set to one month, its now set to 'from beginning'. Still no posts showing.

Comment

One strange thing is that, without changing any settings for Thread Display Options, and just searched again... URL in browser said daysprune=-1 sometimes. But even if manually changing URL to e.g. value 7, (one week) the list is empty. Still strange -1 can show up there when default was one month.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicke71 View Post
          I created a new forum yesterday with a set of thread prefixes, to be used as a Classifieds forum. Worked fine.

Now suddenly, posts dont show up anymore. Says there is no posts. I created a few test posts, they show up in "New Posts" to other members and can be seen. But if you go to the forum in question, it's empty.

Also tried with various thread searches, specify proefix I used in my testing, from beginning and last week etc. Still nothing.

Have reviewed the forum settings many times and tried to turn off prefixes etc but still no help.

I dont have a clue what happened.

UPDATE! Solved!!!
          What was the problem, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

You need to go into ACP > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions

You should have no suspect files show. If you have a default file show "File does not contain expected contents" then you need to reupload the file. blank.html may do it, though I think even that is fixed in 4.0.4.

Comment

You really should post exactly what the problem was, how you figured it out, and how you solved it. For the benefit of future searchers.

Comment