Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.

When I try to find user in admin panel I got this error: The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.

And when I edit user profile and try to save changes I have the same error.

Please help.

I just moved my site to a new dedicated server and am getting the same thing aswell.

Comment

Bumped as this problem is rendering my site useless. It's a very common problem that I cant seem to find the solution to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick7C2 View Post
        Bumped as this problem is rendering my site useless. It's a very common problem that I cant seem to find the solution to.
        After years of using the software I now suddenly have this too. I'd be greatful for input how to fix.

This may have occurred after an upgrade to Fedora 13. Can't say for sure. I discovered it when trying to upgrade vbulletin to the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by BusaDave View Post
          After years of using the software I now suddenly have this too. I'd be greatful for input how to fix.

This may have occurred after an upgrade to Fedora 13. Can't say for sure. I discovered it when trying to upgrade vbulletin to the latest version.
          Have you tried overwriting with fresh identical version vBulletin files?

You may just simply need to re-upload the files, otherwise what custom mods do you have installed?

Former vBulletin Support Staff
          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
            Have you tried overwriting with fresh identical version vBulletin files?

You may just simply need to re-upload the files, otherwise what custom mods do you have installed?
            No custom mods. Standard install of 4.0.5. I haven't tried a clean install yet.

Comment

Re-upload only files from a 4.0.5 version, you can login to the members area and choose the version in a drop-down to download and use for this. See if doing that fixes the issue. No custom mods... not now or were there in the past?

Edit: Also just to see.. try this AdminCP > Maintenance > Repair / Optimize Tables *Now tick the "Check All" box and repair your tables. *Some prefer to turn off the forum before doing anything in regards to the database.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
              Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
              Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
                Re-upload only files from a 4.0.5 version, you can login to the members area and choose the version in a drop-down to download and use for this. See if doing that fixes the issue. No custom mods... not now or were there in the past?

Edit: Also just to see.. try this AdminCP > Maintenance > Repair / Optimize Tables *Now tick the "Check All" box and repair your tables. *Some prefer to turn off the forum before doing anything in regards to the database.
                The problem is that I cannot get to the AdminCP page. As soon as I log in I get the error mentioned. If I do not log in I can see the forum page. I'm going to try fixing tomorrow, but so far I cannot isolate the cause or fix.

Comment

I created a new empty directory, started with a new set of the 4.0.5 files, updated the config.php but I'm still having the same problem. If I am not logged in I can see teh forum and blog home pages. As soon as I try to log in I get a page with "The file(s) uploaded were too large to process."

VBulletin also seems to be confused about my logged status. If I try to log in as Administrator, I get the same error. Subsequently it seems that if I try to navigate around it complains that my password has expired with a link to change it. If I click on the link it says I am not logged in.

Also, if I try to run install/upgrade.php, it does not accept my customer id and I am stuck at the initial screen. I really would prefer to not have to recreate the database, but this is starting to "smell" like corrupted data.

Comment

I created a temporary test forum to debug this issue. I set up a second database with the same admin and password. In each of these configurations, all I have to do is change the database name to see the problem come and go. The newly created database does not indicate a problem, while the previously ok database show the error.

So far I have not been successful in determining the data content that is causing this.

Comment

I was actually hoping for some insight into this problem...at least something to look for. Alas, I guess I have to figure it out myself.

Comment

After further experimentation it now seems that my problems were being caused by modsecurity even though I had it configured for DetectionOnly. I have confirmed that changing to SecRuleEngine Off has restored proper operation. Now I will have to investigate why this is occurring. I don't yet know if this is an issue with a broken modsecurity but it certainly is unexpected behavior.

Comment

PHP info would be helpful for upload issues.

Comment

I'm not sure how this is an "upload issue" since I am not trying to upload anything. I'll see what I can come up with.

Comment

Enabling public phpinfo in the admincp and providing a link to your site would still be very helpful

Comment