Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.

    When I try to find user in admin panel I got this error: The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.

    And when I edit user profile and try to save changes I have the same error.

    Please help.

  • #2
    I just moved my site to a new dedicated server and am getting the same thing aswell.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bumped as this problem is rendering my site useless. It's a very common problem that I cant seem to find the solution to.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rick7C2 View Post
        Bumped as this problem is rendering my site useless. It's a very common problem that I cant seem to find the solution to.
        After years of using the software I now suddenly have this too. I'd be greatful for input how to fix.

        This may have occurred after an upgrade to Fedora 13. Can't say for sure. I discovered it when trying to upgrade vbulletin to the latest version.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BusaDave View Post
          After years of using the software I now suddenly have this too. I'd be greatful for input how to fix.

          This may have occurred after an upgrade to Fedora 13. Can't say for sure. I discovered it when trying to upgrade vbulletin to the latest version.
          Have you tried overwriting with fresh identical version vBulletin files?

          You may just simply need to re-upload the files, otherwise what custom mods do you have installed?


          Former vBulletin Support Staff
          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
            Have you tried overwriting with fresh identical version vBulletin files?

            You may just simply need to re-upload the files, otherwise what custom mods do you have installed?
            No custom mods. Standard install of 4.0.5. I haven't tried a clean install yet.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re-upload only files from a 4.0.5 version, you can login to the members area and choose the version in a drop-down to download and use for this. See if doing that fixes the issue. No custom mods... not now or were there in the past?

              Edit: Also just to see.. try this AdminCP > Maintenance > Repair / Optimize Tables *Now tick the "Check All" box and repair your tables. *Some prefer to turn off the forum before doing anything in regards to the database.


              Former vBulletin Support Staff
              Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
              Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
                Re-upload only files from a 4.0.5 version, you can login to the members area and choose the version in a drop-down to download and use for this. See if doing that fixes the issue. No custom mods... not now or were there in the past?

                Edit: Also just to see.. try this AdminCP > Maintenance > Repair / Optimize Tables *Now tick the "Check All" box and repair your tables. *Some prefer to turn off the forum before doing anything in regards to the database.
                The problem is that I cannot get to the AdminCP page. As soon as I log in I get the error mentioned. If I do not log in I can see the forum page. I'm going to try fixing tomorrow, but so far I cannot isolate the cause or fix.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I created a new empty directory, started with a new set of the 4.0.5 files, updated the config.php but I'm still having the same problem. If I am not logged in I can see teh forum and blog home pages. As soon as I try to log in I get a page with "The file(s) uploaded were too large to process."

                  VBulletin also seems to be confused about my logged status. If I try to log in as Administrator, I get the same error. Subsequently it seems that if I try to navigate around it complains that my password has expired with a link to change it. If I click on the link it says I am not logged in.

                  Also, if I try to run install/upgrade.php, it does not accept my customer id and I am stuck at the initial screen. I really would prefer to not have to recreate the database, but this is starting to "smell" like corrupted data.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I created a temporary test forum to debug this issue. I set up a second database with the same admin and password. In each of these configurations, all I have to do is change the database name to see the problem come and go. The newly created database does not indicate a problem, while the previously ok database show the error.

                    So far I have not been successful in determining the data content that is causing this.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was actually hoping for some insight into this problem...at least something to look for. Alas, I guess I have to figure it out myself.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        After further experimentation it now seems that my problems were being caused by modsecurity even though I had it configured for DetectionOnly. I have confirmed that changing to SecRuleEngine Off has restored proper operation. Now I will have to investigate why this is occurring. I don't yet know if this is an issue with a broken modsecurity but it certainly is unexpected behavior.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          PHP info would be helpful for upload issues.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm not sure how this is an "upload issue" since I am not trying to upload anything. I'll see what I can come up with.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Enabling public phpinfo in the admincp and providing a link to your site would still be very helpful

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X