Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• southeastsxs
    replied
    Yah cool, I love the functionality of the stuff. I currently have a free froum that has only been up since Jan and I am getting some business interest from outside vendors so I wanted to step up and do the right thing. I got my hosting on Thursday and bought/installed vBul4 on Friday LOL.

I have manged to learn how to create pages and articles on the front page, also change/create/add widgets. upload and center my banner. Change header colors and navbar colors and create forums and such. Like you said, once you understand the basics the curve becomes easier and quicker. Before I got the vBul I knew nothing of xhtml or CSS but I have spent solid hours messing with the software and am becoming more comfortable with it.

I love the software and how configurable it is, just wanna get into the inner workings LOL.

Fast help like yours is invaluable to someone like me that has little time to make it happen but it has to be a pro job.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• NickyDee
    replied
    Originally posted by southeastsxs View Post
    Nice one, right first time, you rock.

Uhhhh I have so much to learn and so little time lol
    haha, thanks.

Don't worry, we all felt like that when we first used vbulletin. Because the software has had more features progressively added over the years, the control panel in particular isn't always laid out as logically as a new user might want. But in time you'll get a feel for where different options are likely to be and why they are like that. Just stick with it and the vbulletin learning curve is very fast.

Leave a comment:

• southeastsxs
    replied
    Nice one, right first time, you rock.

Uhhhh I have so much to learn and so little time lol

Leave a comment:

• NickyDee
    replied
    Have a look in the admin CP under 'usergroups' for 'registered users'. Make sure avatars are enabled in there.

Leave a comment:

• southeastsxs
    started a topic [CMS] No Avatar option in profile.

No Avatar option in profile.

Hi all,

If I have a standard user they don't get the ability to setup their avatar. The option does'nt even display. Admins and all other get it but regular users don't.

Can anyone help?

Thanks