Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slinky
    replied
    ROFLMAO.... Many thanks.... wow... that *is* very ugly.

1. When I clicked the "advanced" tab, why did the *second* tab be the one to be pre-selected and not the first? Who's idea was that?
    2. What's funny is that I didn't even realize which tab was actually selected given that the colors are too subtle.
    3. The output is... well... really ugly. That I didn't expect. I thought you were exaggerating. It used to be easy to know where to click.
    4. The searching 3 characters issue isn't really a bug, especially if cms* works as a search. In addition, while I do sympathize, the three character search can be hell on boards (although hilarious conversation ensues on what the settings are here at vB, lol!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• wcguy
    replied
    Sorry slinky, you'll have to pay an additional $25 for that information.........

Okay, it's there, but the output is an unreadable mess.

Click on Advanced Search, click on the single content type, click the return as posts, and become one with your unhappiness. I have never seen a more unusable, miserable, horrific layout in my life, which is probably why they've hidden it.

The single content type search also has the super secret additional search paramaters that everyone has been looking for since 3.8.

Don't ask why, you don't want to know.

Now that you know how to search, you may want to check out these search specific threads....

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...lure-in-Search

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...nternal-Search

and vote on the bug reports

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Almost 50 views and nobody knows how to simply search the forums and get back results as posts instead of forum threads? This was standard in 3.x and forever. I must be missing something as this could never have been removed from vb search options...

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    started a topic [Forum] Search Results "as posts" option gone?

Search Results "as posts" option gone?

Maybe I'm just missing something here... but how do I search in vBulletin 4 and get results as individual posts instead of just threads?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X