Attachments and Thumbnails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Attachments and Thumbnails

I have just upgraded from 3.8 to 4.04. The upgrade worked with no Errors. I'm having an issue where thumbnails will not generate. I can add new attachments and view them. I can view existing attachments just not as an thumbnail. I have check the attachment manager and everything is enabled. I have check the global settings and thumbnail is set. What am I missing or is this a bug?

Thanks

I guess no one has ever seen this.

Comment

Take a look at your attachments folders on your server. Have attachments been created for each image?

Comment

When I add an image it creates the file in the image folder. I also get the attachment inside a post. The only things that I can not get working is the Thumbnails.
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you storing attachment as files or in the database?

Comment

Storing attachments as Files.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor260 View Post
              Storing attachments as Files.
              Have you looked at your file system? Do attachments have corresponding thumbnails.

Comment

Thanks Andy for all the help.

Yes I do see a file and thumbnail file in the folder where the attachments are stored.

Comment

Currently are the attachments full size images or links?

Comment

When you click on a thread/post the attachments show up as links. If you click the link the attachment opens up a new windows and you can view the attachment like normal.

Comment

Check this setting:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> View Attached Images Inline

I have mine set to Yes.

Comment

You are the Man, I change the View Attached Images Inline setting from Yes, Display Thumbnail to Yes, Full Size. I saved it than change it back to Yes, Display Thumbnail and that fixed the issue. Thank You for all your help.

Comment

Awesome. Glad you got it.

Comment

I just had the same exact problem in VB 4.0.4 after upgrading from 3.8.4

I thought it was a VBSeo issue after seeing some troubleshoot issues with the lightbox over there but it is actually a VB issue as the same solution of changing to "Yes, Full size" and then back to "Yes, Display Thumbnails" in the View Attached Images Inline which is in the Message Attachment Options settings did the trick in showing the [ATTACH]xxx[/ATTACH] images from the asset manager.

you might want to sticky or include this fix in the "if you have this error" thread since there's now 2 of us (or maybe more) that have seen this issue and had the exact same fix eliminate the issue.

Comment

I'm getting this too, [ATTACH]xxx[/ATTACH], but when I click that it shows the picture, but changing this setting did not help!
                              --
                              Velocityxl.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X