Usergroups and ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Usergroups and ranks

I have found that if I create a custom usergroup for example "Staff" they can not use the forums unless I add "Registered Users" as a secondary usergroup in each one of them.

So my problem now is that I don't want them to display the normal Registered User rank but want them to just display a "Staff Member" rank under their username.

Any idea how I can do this - thanks
    Best regards
    Ian
    "Everyone wants to fly, but some people just haven't realised it yet"
    www.recreationalflying.com
    NOTE: This post remains solely the property of the poster and any reference to it is done so by the acceptance of this condition. Also elements of whatever I posted were previously used by a competing site so the post is also made on the condition that it can not be used by Glenn Inwood of Cowra NSW Australia or anyone associated with him.

It should take on the title of the primary group. When creating the Staff Member group, did you put "Staff Member" in the User title?
    Actually, I would just edit the Staff Member group so that they can access the forums.

You may also need to go through each sections under the admincp forums&moderators/forum permissions and edit the permissions of the
    Staff Member group in each section that you want them to have access to.

Hope that helps!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X