Upgraded to 4.0.4->Lost Pencil Link to Edit Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Upgraded to 4.0.4->Lost Pencil Link to Edit Article

It appears that I have lost the pencil link to edit an article in 4.0.4. The section edting pencil is still there (circled in green) but the article editing pencil is now gone (circled in red).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Article Missing Pencil.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	3718177

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions (I tried clearing the CMS cache with no change)?

Pretty sure you had to be on an articles page to edit it, not the sec tions page.

Comment

I was on the article page. In 4.0.3 I could get to the section or article pencil link. Now I can only get to the Section. Still missing the article editing link.

Comment

Noticed this also today, however it did reappear on its own hours later :S

Comment

It would normally be to the right of the article title "TGF.......

Hmm, that's not your article title is it? You have no article title?

Name:	aaa.png
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	3679593
          Last edited by nakedanvil; Fri 2nd Jul '10, 2:29pm.

Comment

Originally posted by nakedanvil View Post
            It would normally be to the right of the article title "TGF.......

Hmm, that's not your article title is it? You have no article title?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46280[/ATTACH]

That is my article. Prior to upgrading to 4.0.4 the pencil was just below the section to the left. Now it's gone.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Comment

Mine has always been to the right of the section title and to the right of the article title.

Comment

I see, you aren't displaying the article title. Then all you have to do is go to the article page as Zachery said.

Comment

Mine has always been to the right of the section title and to the right of the article title.
                  OK, adding the title DOES show the editing pencil. This sounds like a bug to me; I have to show the title to edit the article? What does everyone else think?

Kurt

Comment

ive seen this as well but if u move your mouse over where it should be it shows up, not a fix i know but its a way for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean England View Post
                      ive seen this as well but if u move your mouse over where it should be it shows up, not a fix i know but its a way for now.
                      For me, if I choose to hide the title then the pencil doesnt show up no matter where I hover the cursor.

Comment

Are you guys talking on the section page or on the article page?

Comment

Are you guys talking on the section page or on the article page?
                          I'm looking at the section page. Here is an image that shows the section (in black), an article without a title and pencil (in red) and an article with a Title and pencil (in green).

Name:	article.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	3679609

In order to edit the article I have go into the section then to the article or go to the admincp->Content Manager

Comment

Same problem with me, but I gues this is not a "problem", but a "feature" that came with 4.0.4. I hate it. I Have an Section full of articles without a titles, that apears for the users like one article. If I wanted to edit each article before, I just had to move cursor to a place where is "invisible" title and the pencil was there. Now I have to open each article page, which I can't becouse I dont have title, or "see all" link. The easiest way to edit each article is to edit the section, and on the bottom of this page is a list of my articles. I can click on each link and open an article one by one, and then edit it.

Please concider to put back possibility to edit an article while looking at the section page.

Comment

Upgraded to 4.0.5->Still Dont Have Link to Edit Article

I just upgradedto 4.0.5 and this bug still isnt fixed. Can someone at VB please put this on the critical list? I dont want to use titles on many articles but I need to be able to edit them.

Kurt

Originally posted by khuhner View Post
                              It appears that I have lost the pencil link to edit an article in 4.0.4. The section edting pencil is still there (circled in green) but the article editing pencil is now gone (circled in red).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46274[/ATTACH]

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions (I tried clearing the CMS cache with no change)?

Comment