Can't upload!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Can't upload!

I've been dealing with VB for a number of years. VB4 for the last few months. I have a fresh install that I am completing for a customer. I cannot for the life of me figure it out as the UI for the file upload wizard is horrible.

I cannot seem to be able to upload larger files. For example I have a PDF that is 1.1MB. I have removed all limits for file uploads of this type. I have checked permissions for uploading and confirmed they are set. I am trying to upload as an admin. All I get is a stupid ! mark next to the upload. I have even tried smaller uploads to troubleshoot and nothing is working.

I wish the UI told you WHY THE FILE WONT UPLOAD so we can troubleshoot it. Not just give us a ! mark.

Come on VB, get your head together!

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh btw.

Server Type Linux

Web Server Apache v2.2.15 (cgi-fcgi)

PHP 5.2.13

PHP Max Post Size 8.00 MB

PHP Maximum Upload Size 2.00 MB

PHP Memory Limit 128.00 MB MySQL Version 5.1.47-community-log MySQL Packet Size 256.00 MB

Comment

Also, Diagnostics tell me there is no problem.

file_uploads: On open_basedir: None safe_mode: Off upload_tmp_dir: /tmp upload_max_filesize: 2.00 MB

Comment

Forget it...

Turn off the asset manager... Use the legacy manager.
        I have had a ticket in for this since Beta - never solved...

I had a ticket in for the issue with asset manager requesting for the file to upload from computer...
        Then it just sits there....

I have also had a ticket in for PDF files wacking out the upload...
        All date back to Nov 09... No resolution...

Comment

Originally posted by cory_booth View Post
          Turn off the asset manager... Use the legacy manager.
          I have had a ticket in for this since Beta - never solved...

I had a ticket in for the issue with asset manager requesting for the file to upload from computer...
          Then it just sits there....

I have also had a ticket in for PDF files wacking out the upload...
          All date back to Nov 09... No resolution...
          Thanks! That helps some. I really wish VB would address this issue! Why haven't they?

HELLO VB! CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Comment

For the record...
            Here is the last ticket I had in for this: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-3799

Comment

Odd. I read your ticket and I use bluehost as well..... Wonder if its server side?

Comment

I don't have bluehost, but I have the same problem. I had to turn off Asset Manager. I couldn't find any document on this.

Comment

I think we are using HostMonster and have the same issue. large PDFs do not upload regardless of what is specified in the Attachement Manager.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X