• Show
Clear All

• KPalicz
    replied
    Is it all possible to do?

Leave a comment:

• KPalicz
    replied
    Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe I'm not being very clear either. So lets say I want to create a new page on my site, newpage.php:
    http://youthrights.org/newpage.php

It has the menu and header and such that I have on all my pages, I just want the content, the body, to display stuff from the CMS. How do I insert that?

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    you can't really the widgets on the cms are different to on the forums. You can have a recent posts widget in both places but you'll have to create one for the forum then another for the cms afaik.

I think maybe a static content type is what you are looking for with the final question. I'm not 100% sure if it's built in now or still an mod over at vbulletin.org

you should be able to use the same widgets sitewide early next year i'd guess.

Leave a comment:

• KPalicz
    started a topic [CMS] I'm Completely Lost With CMS, Please Help Me

I'm Completely Lost With CMS, Please Help Me

Ok, I've looked through some documentation and looked through the CMS section in the admin panel and I don't understand anything. It is all Greek to me. I know basic HTML and so far this all seems to be beyond me.

But I know what I want, so I hope I can explain what I'm trying to do and see if you all can point me in the right direction. Just please don't use a lot of jargon because I won't understand.

So I have a website currently (of course). The main website is all HTML/PHP. The forums are in a different section /forums. We are currently doing a redesign of the site and I'd like to make use of the CMS throughout the rest of the site.

How do I take the various widgets, sections, articles, etc from the CMS and insert them into a standard page on the rest of my site?

In the Admin panel I don't see any place where I can copy code to paste into one of my standard pages.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X