No announcement yet.

Default Home Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be scared to edit the templates, that is exactly what you need to edit in order to customise the site the right way. If you edited .php files, that would be the wrong way and hinder upgrades. The system has template merge built-in, so new additions, changes, etc, are merged into your template modifications. Yes, the less you make the less chances you have off merging issues, though the merge system will simply tell you all the details for manual changes. It gets the majority right, usually only with one or two templates you may need to make changes manually, ie. remove old code / enter new code. Very efficient though. If you keep all your CSS in additional.css, and don't edit CSS files directly, then you will have little issue.

Comment

sorry to thread jack but would anyone know how to install cms to index page and forum to /forum? my current forum is based around joomla as the index but i want to replace it with vb cms and /forum as the forum page. How would that work out? if i were to move the index.php provided by vbulletin onto my index page to replace jooma then wouldn't i end up not having an index.php for my /forum or if i were to copy it over then i would end up with 2 cms front pages for my forum and index? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by popular View Post
        sorry to thread jack but would anyone know how to install cms to index page and forum to /forum? my current forum is based around joomla as the index but i want to replace it with vb cms and /forum as the forum page. How would that work out? if i were to move the index.php provided by vbulletin onto my index page to replace jooma then wouldn't i end up not having an index.php for my /forum or if i were to copy it over then i would end up with 2 cms front pages for my forum and index? thanks
        Currently you cannot have your CMS outside of your forum directory. Maybe in 4.1.
        There are workarounds. I'm doing it this way.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

thanks but isn't vbulletin.com working like that? when u goto www.vbulletin.com/forum/ it seems to work as a forum itself

Comment

thanks but isn't vbulletin.com working like that? when u goto www.vbulletin.com/forum/ it seems to work as a forum itself
            Like what?
            The forum and CMS in the same directory? /content.php /forum.php.
            I thought you wanted your content to be in your root directory, public_html/content.php and your forum to be public_html/forum/forum.php?
            ...steven
            www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
            bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
            "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

i want my content.php and everything else to be in /forum/ and just the index.php for cms in my root , is that possible?

ok i figured it out.. but how do i make site.com/forum/ not goto the cms page since the index is pretty much the cms page, do i redirect it? if i deleted the index.php in /forum/ then it would have no place to hold the site.
              Last edited by popular; Sat 3 Jul '10, 9:20pm.

Comment

i want my content.php and everything else to be in /forum/ and just the index.php for cms in my root , is that possible?

ok i figured it out.. but how do i make site.com/forum/ not goto the cms page since the index is pretty much the cms page, do i redirect it? if i deleted the index.php in /forum/ then it would have no place to hold the site.
                Why would you want this? You either follow the instructions within the index.php to have the CMS read at root and then forum at /folder or the whole lot in the specific destination you installed it. If you aren't using / then just redirect via 301 to /folder.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X