Clear All

• Eternal_
    replied
    Just found an article.

http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-n...ndard_Linux_OS

Leave a comment:

• Eternal_
    replied
    Maybe the pho or mySQL with vbulletin don't match the new version of cloudlinux?

Leave a comment:

• Eternal_
    replied
    Well that explains it. Here is some more information on CloudLinux:

http://www.cloudlinux.com/benefits/

With 30-50 users online all the time, it might be best to consider a dedicated server.
    But it was working fine before they did that upgrade, and there's only about 5 logged in users on at a time usually, and the rest are visitors.

That's an "Upgrade" for them, not for you!
    What do you mean?

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    That's an "Upgrade" for them, not for you!

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eternal_ View Post
    30-50 users on the forum usually.

The host said they changed the OS to CloudLinux and could be slow for a while. What? I don't get it. They "upgrade" to a different OS and it negatively impacts my site.
    Well that explains it. Here is some more information on CloudLinux:

http://www.cloudlinux.com/benefits/

With 30-50 users online all the time, it might be best to consider a dedicated server.

Leave a comment:

• Eternal_
    replied
    30-50 users on the forum usually.

The host said they changed the OS to CloudLinux and could be slow for a while. What? I don't get it. They "upgrade" to a different OS and it negatively impacts my site.
    Last edited by Eternal_; Sun 27 Jun '10, 9:23am.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eternal_ View Post
    The server is shared with others as far as I know. I'm not sure if my hosting plan is shared, I don't think so.

But the hosting company has been the same for a long time and has been really fast for a long time, it just suddenly started to get really slow and has been for days.
    On a shared server there will typically be dozens of other sites, Anyone of them could be using up the resources causing your forum to run slow.

On average how many users do you have on your forum?

Leave a comment:

• Eternal_
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy View Post
    Are you on a shared hosting plan?
    The server is shared with others as far as I know. I'm not sure if my hosting plan is shared, I don't think so.

But the hosting company has been the same for a long time and has been really fast for a long time, it just suddenly started to get really slow and has been for days.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Are you on a shared hosting plan?

Leave a comment:

• Frost5334
    replied
    It could be your hosting company. I changed mine and I'm having faster load times.

Leave a comment:

• Eternal_
    started a topic [Forum] Causes of a slow site?

Causes of a slow site?

My site has been working fine for many months. Nothing has changed, I haven't upgraded since 4.0.3 and things were fast as they should be. Then a couple days ago it started to be slow, 30-45 seconds for a page to load and posts to be submitted is crazy and very irritating.

I've tested on other computers and have had other members confirm it's slow for them too.

What could be going on at the server?

Is there any software or anything that could be put on the server by the host that could be causing scripts and database info being pulled to be so slow?

If anything please help, I've talked to my host a few times but they are only saying there were some Bots that were really active they banned. What are other potential problems that could cause this, but it's still slow.

What's more annoying than slow page loads?