Facebook Publishing Threads and Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Facebook Publishing Threads and Articles

First assumption I have is that because the "Like" button is working for me and showing up on my forums and writing to our facebook that I have things set up correctly with the correct user codes in the correct places.

Now... I have the options checked to yes that i want to work other than the "like", but they do not post to my facebook, New Article, New Thread.

In new Thread I have checked the "publish to facebook" option before posting the thread. I saw a facebook window flash then disappear. Nothing is showing on FB

How do I get an article to post on FB? there is nothing to check when creating the article, and they are not posting automatically.

I say "Like" is working... "like" WAS working!

Now I get this error:
    Code:
    The page at [URL]http://www.gamergodz.com/forum/showthread.php?1520-Facebook-test[/URL] could not be reached.
    Facebook ©2010
    Help please

Can anyone help please? Still not able to get articles or posts to publish anything to facebook.

"Like button is the only thing that works.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Should I be seeing two Gamergodz Connects like in this image?
    Attached Files

Comment

BP Team.. oops i mean VB Team WTF?
      Last edited by x626xblack; Thu 24 Jun '10, 7:47am.

Comment

Please check your error_logs and see if there is something in there. You can reupload all your files and make sure they are all default files (run Suspect File Versions on them). Also, make sure you are testing this with modifications OFF and using a default style.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks Lynne. Will do. Where or how do I produce an error log.. I must me missing something.

Comment

apache error_logs are a server thing. If you don't know where they are, you will need to ask your host.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Code:
              [28-Jun-2010 05:15:35] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
              I have a bunch of these. No idea what it means.

Comment

Not sure if that's related to the issue or not to be honest but you may want to ping a note to your host regarding that one anyway.

On the FB front, I wouldn't have thought that you should see the application twice in there. Certainly, looking at mine it doesn't happen. Try removing the applications from your settings page, close all browser windows then retry from your site again.
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I setup facebook yesterday, facebook was very slow and took me a while to create my developer thing. (Worked fine couple of hours later)

So I guess Facebook may be very slow at times and may be the cause of problems we see, maybe more people than expected are using their API services and get overloaded. Just a thought.

Comment

The Facebook connect does slow the loading quite a bit at times. I have seen my main page hang up for 10-15 seconds just waiting on the facebook connect.

Comment

You are not alone....

I had this problem and here is what I did to fix it (I think)....

First I disconnected my test account (which I connected when FBConnect was first introduced)
                      Then I reconnected...
                      ....Error....
                      Required field "Full Name" is missing (couldn't get past the connect screen until I turned off all my "required" fields (which is reported numerous times already) - I just forgot on my site....)

Also noticed that a field "Biography" which I deleted was blank...
                      Did a quick research and saw it is looking at field1 (which again I deleted) but it also appeared to be checking if the user wanted to capture biography. ? I didn't see anything in AdminCP to select what I wanted to capture from FaceBook so I just simply recreated the missing "Biography" profile field and change the template to look at field19... Anyways - back on track...

Once I got past the connect screen, I tried the like button and it seemed to "stick" this time...

So I say that either one of two things are happening...

1. You must disconnect and reconnect all past users....
                      and/or
                      2. Having a "required field" in the profile is blocking when the user is already connected....

Dunno, I'm waiting for PL2 real bad right now...

Is the AdminCP missing some pre-programmed FaceBook functionality?

Comment

Sort of difficult for me to figure out right now. Facebook is blocked at work therefor the app does not show, and when i get home I have two daughters 5-2 to take care of... Last week I was on vacation and had a little time. I will have to probably look st this weekend.

Comment