No announcement yet.

Can't find threads I posted in anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Can't find threads I posted in anymore.

I use to be able to search for my username and it would come up with every thread I have ever posted in. It would put threads with the latest updates at the top and of any threads with updates would be in bold. I like this option so much I made a "My Threads" button for my users that would search based on their username when they clicked it.

Now I can only find threads I started and not all the threads I have posted in. It default sorts by Relevance?

If you click on your username, the 'View Forum Posts' link shows as:

Code:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&userid=78926&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1
    Try adapting that to your own site's needs?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mythreads.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	3679508

see how it shows threads started by different people? I have posted in everyone of those threads. I can quickly see there is an update and I click the drop down arrow to go right to the new post in the thread.

here is what the I used...
      /forums/search.php?do=process&showposts=0&starteronly=0&exactname=1&searchuser=DodgeZ

When I run it now it ONLY shows me threads I started and it doesn't sort by the threads last post.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	mythreads_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	3679509

Comment

bump

Comment

This is becoming a big issue and I haven't seen vbulletin really address it.

Comment

I think the only way to fix it is to turn on autosubscribe to thread as a default.

Remember the new vbulletin motto!

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Comment

If you turn on autosubscribe and go to subscriptions.php -- you should get what you are looking for.
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Here you go...
                Code:
                search.php?do=process&showposts=0&starteronly=0&exactname=1&searchuser={vb:raw bbuserinfo.username}
                Last edited by fkatzenb; Wed 22 Dec '10, 4:19am.

Comment

It appears the starter only isn't working

Fixed:
                  search.php?do=finduser&userid={vb:raw bbuserinfo.userid}&starteronly=0&contenttype=vBForum_Thread
                  Last edited by fkatzenb; Wed 22 Dec '10, 6:47am.

Comment

for years and years we have had a way to quickly find everything we have posted in or started. I can't do that now. I can find a thread I just posted in on this forum. That is just sad. Maybe I can use to autosubscribe, but how to I find something someone else posted? Like I recall "frank" said said something in a thread. I search for Frank and can only find threads he started??? The search on vb has always sucked and sadly they made it worse.

Comment

Threads you have started?
                      Code:
                      http://www.yourforumpath.com/search.php?do=finduser&starteronly=1&contenttype=vBForum_Post&userid=xxxx
                      Threads you've repied to?
                      Code:
                      http://www.yourforumpath.com/search.php?do=finduser&starteronly=0&contenttype=vBForum_Post&userid=xxxx

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                        Threads you have started?
                        Code:
                        http://www.yourforumpath.com/search.php?do=finduser&starteronly=1&contenttype=vBForum_Post&userid=xxxx
                        Threads you've repied to?
                        Code:
                        http://www.yourforumpath.com/search.php?do=finduser&starteronly=0&contenttype=vBForum_Post&userid=xxxx
                        say I am not on my forum and I am on.... say... this forum... I can't find my threads... well not easily and there is no way a normal user will know how to do it.

here is what I use that works.
                        search.php?do=finduser&&searchuser=dodgez&starteronly=0&exactname=1&dosearch=Search+Now&se archfromtype=vBForum%3APost&do=process&contenttypeid=1

Comment

works on xenforo software... maybe you all should ask them for help............

Comment

If you even can't find the announcements forum how can you expect to find your own posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
                              If you even can't find the announcements forum how can you expect to find your own posts?
                              It seems you don't read the threads before you start nutswinging.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X