Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• webmister
    replied
    Thank you for your answer Janaf. I don't need to make an upload area, I just need a page I can open writing the direct link, where writers can upload files to a directory. There should be a sort of permission control to avoid unwanted uploads of course.

On another website I use FCK editor, a wysiwyg utility similar to the one of VBulletin but more powerful, for my advice, with it you can upload attachments directly to a directory within the editor. Publishing of even complex pages is very easy and straightforward. The editor tool of VB is a little bit poor, for me.

It should be good to have the FCK editor on VB, so one could choose the editor of choice...

Leave a comment:

• janaf
    replied
    As far as I know there is no such tool other than either they upload to their own file attachment area and insert from there or the traditional FTP and hard-coding the URLs. There are a coulpe of mods for file uploads / downloads at vBulletin.org but they are more for building file downloads areas. IMO vB really needs a shared file area which can be managed from the asset manager / attachment manager.

Leave a comment:

• webmister
    started a topic [CMS] File Upload Utility

File Upload Utility

I need an utility to make our writers to upload files to a directory and link them directly in their articles. What's the simpler and effective way to accomplish this?