Publish to Facebook not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Publish to Facebook not working

All the other aspects of facebook work fine, such as connecting to facebook, registering with facebook credentials, even liking stuff, but publishing to facebook does nothing.

I've tried disabling all plugins and using the default theme and multiple accounts and it refuses to publish anything. I don't think it's my application because it was used to publish information back on 3.8 when I had a facebook product then.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Travis641; Sun 20 Jun '10, 9:34pm.
    http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Travis.png

I have the exact same issue. Connecting, registering and liking works, but not publishing (to Facebook).
    MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
    A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...light=facebook

Comment

Please don't post that same link every time someone has an FB prob as some of us know we have to revert. tks

Same error for me, 'Connecting, registering and liking' works but thats about it.
        Look, just give me some inner peace or I’ll wipe the floor with ya!

MysteriousWisdom

Comment

Publiching to Facebook simply doesnt work

Comment

Connect to Facebook used to work on our forum in 4.0.3.

Since we upgraded to 4.0.4, the 'Connect to Facebook' icon at the top of the page has disappeared.

The Facebook 'Like' button seems to work OK, but the 'Publish to Facebook' doesn't.

Any ideas?

Comment

Ditto

Comment

Similar problem but i have got the connect to facebook icon at top of screen but it will not publish but if i hit the "Like" button that shows up in facebook??????

Comment

Publiching to Facebook doesnt work
                  Last edited by Kinan; Sun 20 Jun '10, 11:21am.

Comment

Reverting the Footer fixed this. I am pretty sure the Footer was not presented as a template conflict when upgrading. Reverting solved it.

Comment

Originally posted by tonmo View Post
                      Reverting the Footer fixed this. I am pretty sure the Footer was not presented as a template conflict when upgrading. Reverting solved it.
                      does not work

Comment

any solution?

Comment

Are we not getting any official word on this as my connect works but publish or like doesn't post anything to facebook..

There are FAR to many people with problems (compared to 403) for it to be user error!!!!

Comment

Same problem to me Publish to Facebook not working...
                            www.hostsaller.com Hosting Service
                            www.forum4phone.com Gsm Community
                            http://kholamon.com Bangla Blog

Comment

Yesterday when I got this all installed the publishing/like button didn't work.. Today tried it again and the publishing works.. As does the Like button.. Not sure if it takes some time for Facebook and the site to start working together with the connect or what but I just recommend if you have it all setup correctly just wait a day and try again..

Comment