Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    Go to Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Version Are all your files OK?

Leave a comment:

• Emath
    replied
    im using vb4.0.7 , and still have this.

everytime i change the location in "title Image" , and save, the location is return to be "Array" .

Leave a comment:

• bferrell
    replied
    I applied this fix and it still doesn't update my site. Replacing the vb default does work, but man, what a hack.

Leave a comment:

• Sean James
    replied
    Installed 4 forums in the last week and had to apply this fix to everyone of them, this bug should of been patched straight away. Most users are not comfortable making these PHP changes. Its a joke.

Leave a comment:

• 1kether1
    replied
    seem to have similar trouble except not the logo issue in 4.04 but instead, I cant seem to update the Gradients field. it stays blank
    I just made the following change as Trevor suggests here.

I have not tried to change the other image folders yet. Anyone else have the images/gradients issue? Cant seem to edit that field in my stylevars.

Leave a comment:

• greersfos
    replied
    I just began installing 4.0.4 a couple of days ago. I am revamping the site and figured things would be pretty stable by now. When I got the array issue, I just named my logo to match vbulletin4_logo. That worked but I hate kludges! I found this thread and Lynne's php code fix worked fine. Thank you, Lynne!

I just don't see how a bug like this is still 4.0.4. Just about everyone changes the header logo.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• andrewjzhao
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Bug report: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7479

Fix: In admincp/stylevar.php, change Lines 488-491 from:
    Code:
    $vbulletin->input->clean_array_gpc('p', array(
            'stylevar' => TYPE_ARRAY_ARRAY,
            'original' => TYPE_ARRAY_ARRAY,
        ));
    to:
    Code:
    $vbulletin->input->clean_array_gpc('p', array(
            'stylevar' => TYPE_ARRAY_STRING,
            'original' => TYPE_ARRAY_STRING,
        ));
    Uhhh wtf?? Isn't this a pretty huge bug? Why do I have to go in and change the damn code? Make your product work right. I have better things to do with my time than constantly working around your bugs!

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    While Lynne's fix may fix the logo, what about the ones of us who make our own styles and have other folders that need to new paths, such as the buttons and do NOT want to overwrite the default theme? Example, images/buttons goes to Array, images/statusicon goes to Array. And of course the header. Anything with images/ seems to be busted.

Liz

Leave a comment:

• Daniel_HBK
    replied
    thx Lynee fixed for me !! , u r awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Masterblaster
    replied
    In my oppinion it's a shame to release 4.0.4 like that....a even bigger shame that there is still no updated and fixed version...

Leave a comment:

• vivamexico55
    replied
    Originally posted by Cricko View Post
    Hi all,

we're also experiencing this problem. This looks like a nice solution. However, HOW DO you edit the stylevar.php lines from the AdminCP? I've looked in the style manager and searched in the templates for the above text but can't find the right bits to edit.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    You have to find the file in the package you downloaded as vbulletin 4.04 and find the file in there and then upload it to your webserver.

Offtopic now, but it's kinda sad that novice end users have to be editing all these php files to fix bugs, wasn't very common before. Bad QA, bad! Thanks for the fix anyway I encountered it a few minutes ago.

Leave a comment:

• Nilea
    replied
    Originally posted by socceronly View Post
    I just set up a testforum with 4.04.

The first thing I tried to do was change the titleimage. No matter what I enter, after I hit save it just goes back to Array.

Anyone else have this problem or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks,
    JM
    We have that problem as well. What we did to "fix" it was remake our logo to the transparent .png format, then named it the same as the default vBulletin logo. It works, but I would prefer to know that there is a fix coming for this. Since many people have said that the quick fix doesn't always work, we will not make that change for now.

Leave a comment:

• larryyinger
    replied
    Seems to have worked. Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• chewbacca
    replied
    The 'public_html/' in front is messing it up. Remove it from the path.

I wouldn't use .odg; stick with .png or .jpg or .gif right now.

Leave a comment:

• larryyinger
    replied
    Sure. www.fpshooter.com

Also, one quick thing before you check it out, I have tried using a .gif just like the original one. Is it possible to even use the .odg? That is one that I made with Open Office Draw.

Thanks!

edit -- I changed it to a simple .gif logo that I made in Paint. Still getting the red x. Please help!!! This is the path if you right click on the image and select properties http://www.fpshooter.com/public_html...basic_logo.gif Please note that it is simple white text on a transparent background.
    Last edited by larryyinger; Sat 26 Jun '10, 7:45am.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X