Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ad_showthread_firstpost & ad_footer_end have stopped working after upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was asking because this

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...it-since-4.0.5

thanks for reading my thread
    vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
    Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

That's an unrelated issue, since your ads are displaying. As I said, the two templates in question no longer exist so if your AdSense scripts were in one of them the ads would have disappeared.
      Psychlinks Mental Health Support Forum
      Local Search Forum

Comment

4.0.6 is here and still no fix. WHY????
        Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

Originally posted by lifanovsky View Post
          4.0.6 is here and still no fix. WHY????
          ???

Comment

I can not understand for the life of me why this is not an option. People have been doing this for years and VB has not added the option. Unbelievable...
            sigpic
            My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by indyonline View Post
              I can not understand for the life of me why this is not an option. People have been doing this for years and VB has not added the option. Unbelievable...
              It's not that they haven't added the option. In fact, they did add the option some time ago, I think in 3.x. Then, without warning or explanation, they removed it.

In spite of numerous requests in threads like this and in bug reports, we have yet to receive even an explanation of why certain ad templates were deleted. It makes no sense at all to me. Frankly, I think it was probably an error but we've now had several updates and the error has still not been rectified.
              Last edited by djbaxter; Wed 12th Jan '11, 8:58am. Reason: typo
              Local Search Forum

Comment

I'm bumping this thread because I just upgraded to 4.10 and ad_showthread_firstpost is still not working.

This is retarded, why would you remove such a feature? Trying to force more people into your adsense integration system, which really has no benefit for us, the end user, and just allows your parent company to collect data?

A work around is very easy to add, but then any future template changes you'll have to redo it. Very lame.

Comment

Indeed.

More to the point, why is it that after several updates, no one at vBulletin has even bothered to reply with an explanation?

Hint: This is the antithesis of customer service, vBulletin. Piss off your customers and soon you'll have no customers... and no jobs.
                  Local Search Forum

Comment

I stumbled across this thread while googling for a fix to the same issue. Thanks for the hack for those that posted it...this is one of the main issues that has prevented me from proceeding with my 4.x upgrade.

I don't understand why they removed this template, and I don't understand why they won't respond. FWIW, I've tried adsense in a bunch of different locations and THIS location is the one that monetizes very well...much better than most of the default adsense integration ones.

Comment

Actually I have an issue with modifying the postbit template like this that I hope someone can help me solve. If I just ad simple code, it works fine. However, as soon as I try to add a table to show multiple ad spots, the ad gets placed way to the right of the post instead of after the post. I tried to see if there was a missing closing div or table tag, but nothing jumped out at me. Has anyone else tried doing something like this?

Comment

If I add an Ad to the first post in 4.1.2, it appears fine at the right side of the post. If you're having a different problem, please start your own thread with all the necessary information.
                        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                        -
                        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                        - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                        - "Quick Route" Interface...
                        - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                          If I add an Ad to the first post in 4.1.2, it appears fine at the right side of the post. If you're having a different problem, please start your own thread with all the necessary information.
                          This has nothing to do with the ad placement that is in the first post toward the right. This is about the template that placed the ad AFTER the first post, in between posts one and two, which is missing from 4.x...at least up to 4.1.1. I didn't see this on the list of fixes for 4.1.2, but I hope I'm wrong.

I modified the postbit template like others have done and I can get an ad to show. However, as soon as I place a div tag or table tag in the code, the format is messed up. I attached a screen capture. I would be cool if someone else can try the same thing to see if they get the same behavior.
                          Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X