Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Facebook integration problems

I can't find the application ID.
    On the FB developers page I can find is no such thing as 'our application', nor a vbulletin related app, nor a application ID. Please help.
    I buy 420 forums

Can you post a copy of the 'Connect' screen from Facebook when you go to www.facebook.com/developers (blank out any sensitive information)
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I'm having problems finding the ID too. Can you post the facebook ID here for us?

EDIT: I found it. If you have previously used vBulletin's facebook Connect go to your facebook page click:
      Account >> Applications Settings
      Open the vB facebook Connect application you created for your forum and use its Appication ID.
      worried
      Last edited by worried; Sat 19 Jun '10, 5:17am. Reason: update

Comment

I am using a fresh install. Does anyone know the facebook ID?

Comment

This was how I found the Application ID. While logged into the account where I created my website application, I went to Developer. On the right hand side, there was a box with "My Applications." Click on your application. That will take you to a large box. On the right column of the center box, it lists the Ap ID (along with other info, like API Key and Ap Secret). Hope this helps!

Comment

Not really. What do you mean with 'created my website application'?
            Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
            Can you post a copy of the 'Connect' screen from Facebook when you go to www.facebook.com/developers (blank out any sensitive information)
            There is no connect screen there. Just a page with this news story, a button to 'setup new application', an empty 'my applications', some member icons and some adds. Thats all.
            Alfa1
            Last edited by Alfa1; Sun 20 Jun '10, 1:00pm.
            I buy 420 forums

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
              Not really. What do you mean with 'created my website application'?
              http://www.facebook.com/developers/apps.php
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

That goes to an empty screen for me, since I have no applications. Please explain what to do with that page.
                Do we need to create an application? What application and how?
                I buy 420 forums

Comment

I wouldn't have a clue sorry, perhaps they changed it after I started making FB apps.

From a logical standpoint, there should be a link or button on that page to start a new app.

*edit* http://www.facebook.com/developers/createapp.php
                  vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

OK. So we need to make a new app. That's good to know. Its weird that this is not explained anywhere in the tutorial. I guess the tutorial is only for people who already have coded / created apps for facebook. Does creating a facebook app require coding knowledge?
                    I do have a 'create app' link, but using it leads to a blanc page.

EDIT: I see it now. Even though I got a blanc page, somethign was still created and it now lists the application ID.

So all that is needed to do is:
                    1. Go to http://www.facebook.com/developers/c...opers/apps.php
                    2. Click 'create app'
                    3. Name the app 'vbulletin intergration'
                    4. Submit.
                    5. Go back to http://www.facebook.com/developers/c...opers/apps.php
                    6. Copy application ID and enter it into the admincp as described in the tutorial.
                    I buy 420 forums

Comment

OK. So we need to make a new app. That's good to know. Its weird that this is not explained anywhere in the tutorial.
                      This tutorial - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...cebook-Connect ?

It kind of does tell you, right at the top, the very first bit.
                      Setting up Facebook Connect:
                      Create new application on facebook.com (Required for each vB installation)
                      Goto: http://www.facebook.com/developers, and login
                      Click “Set Up New Application” (top-right)
                      Enter an appropriate name, click “Agree,” and click “Create Application”

Comment

Yes, but that tutorial was before FB changed from FB connect to opengraph, so it doesn't go without saying that this tutorial is applicable now. Would have made much more sense if the latest tutorial would include the whole process. It sort of assumes that you are already running the old facebook connect and ignores those who are not.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: after setting up the FB application a large number of settings need to be entered. Is there a guide somewhere that explains what to fill in?
                        FB gives me white screens and error pages when editing the settings that I do know.
                        The tutorial for 4.0.3 is not applicable for facebook anymore. They changed the app creation process and it seems to me that they added a ton of settings.
                        Alfa1
                        Last edited by Alfa1; Sun 20 Jun '10, 1:41pm.
                        I buy 420 forums

Comment

I can't find the application ID.
                          On the FB developers page I can find is no such thing as 'our application', nor a vbulletin related app, nor a application ID. Please help.
                          Sorry about the confusion here. I have modified my blog entry for Facebook in 4.0.4 to include a step-by-step guide to setting up Facebook for the first time. See the "First Time Users" section.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X