X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abdulbasitsaeed
    replied
    Originally posted by eNOOBz View Post
    I solved the problem myself by updating my Facebook Fans widget code.

Please take note that any widget can affect the FB Connect in CMS.
    I agree with this. My problem was that the button was working on the forums but not on the CMS. I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

As suggested by MichaelDeMille above, I removed the Facebook Fans page from my CMS and the button started working.

The Facebook Fans Box code seems to have been changed to an iframe code. After updating the Fans page code with the new one, now I have both the Fans page and Facebook connect working.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• satlazone
    replied
    Same problem here, I have to find a solution for this asap.
    please check that thing.

Leave a comment:

• Cadellin
    replied
    I'm getting this problem when I'm logged in but not when I'm logged out. This is using the default vBulletin template updated to 4.0.4 PL1.

Is there any chance that FB:Connect remembers past errors? I know I got one saying my facebook and forum e-mail don't match (which they don't).

Leave a comment:

• eNOOBz
    replied
    I solved the problem myself by updating my Facebook Fans widget code.

Please take note that any widget can affect the FB Connect in CMS.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Rowley
    replied
    Problem resolved. The Facebook code ...

Code:
    <vb:if condition="$vboptions['enablefacebookconnect']">
    	{vb:raw facebook_footer}
    </vb:if>
    </div>
    ... didn't appear in the footer template.

Leave a comment:

• eNOOBz
    replied
    Originally posted by MichaelDeMille View Post
    I've been having similar issues to what cmeinck is seeing. One question for cmeinck, with my site, when I click on the fb connect button I get nothing when I'm in the cms section, but from the forum or blog sections it appears to work fine. Have you tried from other pages yet? My sites at vividchange.com
    I have the same problem. Hope someone can help.

Leave a comment:

• AliceHoward
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    You need to make sure to update your templates - especially the headinclude and the footer.

This solved it for me, the upgrade process did not tell me my headinclude needed reverting, but it did, I reverted it and all is well, thank you Lynne.

Leave a comment:

• Bounce
    replied
    I'm getting the post to facebook part but not the "like"

Leave a comment:

• zelnik
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Is it App ID or App API Key? The heading says one thing, the tutorials say the other.
    App ID (mines 15 digits I assume others will be the same) and don't forgot if you set it up on 4.0.3 to set up a new secret also.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Is it App ID or App API Key? The heading says one thing, the tutorials say the other.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    1) Make sure you enter the new Application ID in vboptions > Facebook Options

2) Make sure you revert/update their templates, especially the headinclude and footer template

3) If you look in the source code and see this:
    Code:
    meta property="fb:app_id" content="" /
    Then upload tools.php to the admincp, and click on Options Cache under the Datastore Cache heading.

edit: I had to remove the < > around the meta tag cuz vB doesn't like it.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You need to make sure to update your templates - especially the headinclude and the footer.

Leave a comment:

• cmeinck
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    check your page source... do you guys have this:
    HTML Code:
    <meta property="fb:app_id" content="" />
    Where content is blank?
    I'm definitely missing something. If I do a search for fb, I get 10 found within the default template. Within my custom template, I get only 8.

http://www.everythingandroid.org/forum/

Leave a comment:

• cmeinck
    replied
    Quick update, for those who had trouble. Make sure your Facebook Secret ID is updated. Also, I deleted any Facebook connect apps I had working on the site previously.

Mine works for the most part. On my template, I'm missing the Facebook Connect icon -- I've reverted all templates, but it's not there. It does appear on the default.

When I'm in the default vB, everything is working as advertised.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    check your page source... do you guys have this:
    HTML Code:
    <meta property="fb:app_id" content="" />
    Where content is blank?

Leave a comment: