Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving existing forum to become a child of another existing forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Moving existing forum to become a child of another existing forum?

I may be completely blind, and do apologize if have missed it - but can anyone point me to where you can move a forum so that it becomes a child of another forum (and in some cases a grandchild of another that is a child of another).

The whole reason for this is that the import ImpEx doesn't have the ability to import child and grandchild forums - so the fix was to flatten all of my forums out, and than once imported, move the forums back to where needed.

Problem is - I can not find how to move a forum so that it becomes a child of another.

There is the selection in Forum Manager to create a child forum, but not move an existing.

Any ideas?

Thanx

Joyce

When you look at each forum setting screen, there is a option called: Parent Forum -- You can choose which forum is the parent through this setting. When you click the drop down, it shows all of your available forums to choose from.

AdminCP -> Forum & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> [Edit the forum you want to move] -> Parent Forum -> Choose which forum is to be the parent -> Save.
    To be updated...

Comment

Excellent and thank you ENF, I will try that as soon as able to get back in.

Appreciate you taking the time to get a newbie on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by jcard View Post
        Excellent and thank you ENF, I will try that as soon as able to get back in.

Appreciate you taking the time to get a newbie on the right track.
        No problem, let us know if you still have problems figuring this option set out.
        To be updated...

Comment