Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zappaDPJ
    replied
    Thanks to you both for your help. I've just managed to fix it by playing around with an unmodified, Default Style.

There are a number of div containers that affect the area around the search box but padding-top under .globalsearch .textboxcontainer span contained within the vbulletin-chrome.css template does appear to be the best way of moving it vertically. As far as I can tell this variable is hardcoded with no Stylevar associated with it.

For reference the forum I'm currently using to design the style is www.ashes-guild.com (select 'Ashes' under the Quick Style Chooser).

Reverting a couple of templates got it to working but I can't see why the modifications to those templates would impact on it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Can we get a link to see this? And can you tell me exactly what added CSS you tried (and in what template)?

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by zappaDPJ View Post

For reference I'm changing the value of padding-top under .globalsearch .textboxcontainer span in vbulletin-chrome.css.
    Put this element with your padding values into the additional.css template.

Leave a comment:

• zappaDPJ
    started a topic [Forum] navbar search box alignment issue

navbar search box alignment issue

I've increased the forum navbar height using the navbar_tab_size Stylevar. This has thrown the navbar search box out of vertical alignment (see attachment).

There are no (working) Stylevars to compensate. I've tried editing the css and while it works on the fly in Firebug it does not work when I change the template through the Admin CP.

For reference I'm changing the value of padding-top under .globalsearch .textboxcontainer span in vbulletin-chrome.css.

I've searched here and elsewhere and it seems this is quite a common problem but I've yet to find a solution to it.
    Attached Files