Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Deleting Posts as Spam

hi all,

i have a quick question about this tool. when deleting a post as spam, it allows us to delete all the posts from a spamer, and ban him which is great.
    is there an option where we can ban the IP as well with this tool?

thanks for you help

cheers

Banning IP's is useless because they are randomly assigned unless using a static IP, which the majority of the world do not. Many spammers use proxies as well, so you're not going to achieve anything from IP banning.

Ban the member and the faster you ban and remove them, the quicker they typically stop spamming. If you have read through important topics here about how to correctly setup your forum to reduce spam, then you should have little off it in essence.

Comment

thanks for your reply.
      however i do think it's still useful to ban ips because i have found around 20 to 30 spammers with the same IP address registered in a 3-4 month span...

thanks

Comment

There is no option in default vbulletin to ban the IP also. This would require modifying the code. If you have some coding ability, you may want to ask for help with this over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X