Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nakedanvil
    replied
    It had some merit and was worth dissecting.

Leave a comment:

• vilhiem
    replied
    All good points!

Must be getting sleepy to even consider some of these user requests :-)

Thanks for the thoughtful consideration!

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by vilhiem View Post
    He wants the Unregistered/Not Logged IN folks to either join or get "booted" if they don't become a Registered User after X minutes. Therefore, after X minutes, the Unregistered/Not Logged IN person would not be able to view, for instance, the Forums pages (as an example).
    And there you have more problems: If you do that, you'd have to setup some custom rules for search engine bots that are indexing your site. You woudl easily cut them off as well, thus limiting your exposure to potential new members via searches. Personally, If I ran across a site that teased me with information and then cut me off after a few clicks, I would likely not sign up and just move on. (Unless, the tease was that good... which in most cases, it's not.)

Leave a comment:

• vilhiem
    replied
    I know ... I just thought about that too ... and that would be a paradox :-)

Let me explain what one of my members is suggesting:

He wants the Unregistered/Not Logged IN folks to either join or get "booted" if they don't become a Registered User after X minutes. Therefore, after X minutes, the Unregistered/Not Logged IN person would not be able to view, for instance, the Forums pages (as an example).

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Might be possible. Seems like a bit of a paradox though. When registered users time out they become part of "unregistered/not logged in" group. So if an unregistered/not logged in timed out, what would they be? Seems like "timing out" could only apply to their logged status. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Not within the default vBulletin software. I don't think I've ever heard of someone requesting this before, so I doubt there's even a modification for it.

Leave a comment:

• vilhiem
    started a topic [Forum] Session Timeout by Usergroup ...?

Session Timeout by Usergroup ...?

Is it possible to have different session timeouts by usergroup?

In other words, I would like the Unregistered / Not Logged In group to be shorter than the Registered Users, for example.

Thanks!!!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X