No announcement yet.

Still confused on some points of forum permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I see that the forum permissions has "yes" for follow forum moderation. So I set it to no and it seems to work right.

So this is where my confusion comes from... where should I be controlling permissions at? It seems like by default I ought to be doing this:

Forum Permissions - all permissions set to "no"
    Secondary groups - all permissions set to "no"
    Primary group - normal permissions

and I should mostly be controlling overall user permissions via the Primary group. Then allow specialty permissions to a forum via the Secondary groups?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Not sure I follow your last post but here is a rundown of permissions.

Check the overall Usergroup permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

And the Forum permissions for each forum and Usergroup:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Main Usergroup Permissions take precedence unless you override them with specific Forum/Usergroup permissions.

When multiple usergroups are involved, a 'Yes' permission always overides a 'No' permission if 'Allow Users to have Member Groups ' is set to 'Yes' for the Primary group. Same goes for a larger quota.

Note, the primary group must have 'Allow Users to have Member Groups' to 'Yes'. Otherwise the secondary settings are not applicable.

If none of that resolves this, then also check the User Masks for that user:

Admin CP -> Users -> Search for Users -> Quick User Links -> Edit Forum Permissions (Access Masks)
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X