Widget and Pic questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Widget and Pic questions

I am trying to figure out how to place the widgets in certain locations...nothing in the control panel tell me the location of it....I made a new widget with a video and have no idea where it is on the site. Also how can I allow more the 4 pictures in a single thread or post? thanks

Widgets are placed via layouts. Grids give you your overall layout, ie. column structure. You then assign layouts to a specific grid. When you create a section you then assign a layout to each section, or each section created will inherit the default section properties.

The layout is where you control what content is shown. You may want a specific homepage layout, so you create a grid, assign a layout, then assign widgets and content placement to that layout. You may then want all other sections to use a different layout, so you repeat the process.

To change how many images can be shown per post: ACP > Options > Message Posting & Editing Options > Maximum Images Per Post

Comment

The widget layout will take some time but I know where to start now...thanks!

While I'm here I might as well ask..

it seems any article creating I do, or editing etc on the homepage get a copy sent to one of my forums. I have a sports board and it goes to my baseball forum. the site is http://www.66wfan.net/home if you want to see what Im talking about

Comment

If you have an issue on a different subject from the thread title, it's a good idea to search for similar threads, and if you don't find similar threads to start a new thread. Many people scan the titles, and if you post on an issue that doesn't relate to the title you are far less likely to get a response.

I believe you are referring to the comment threads. This is documented in the online documenation http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...151-How-To-CMS, and on a large number of threads. Normally you create a hidden forum and set that in admincp > settings >options > content management > associated forum for comments. You can disable this globally or for individual articles.
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

"comment threads" doesnt seem to fit what I was dealing with, but the advice has worked..thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X