X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dylansdaddie
    replied
    Originally posted by Dylansdaddie View Post
    No... Nothing, people started calling and saying when will I get my access. It did say in the article I quoted that paypal made a few changes but the fix to take out the notify url is impossible to take out and save blank.
    I opened a ticket and they said the issue was with paypal. As far as a fix goes if anyone else runs into this these are the settings I enabled to get it to work again. I have no idea why they changed in paypal.

Website Payment Preferences Back to profile

Auto Return for Website Payments

Auto Return for Website Payments brings your buyers back to your website immediately after payment completion. Auto Return applies to PayPal Website Payments, including Buy Now, Donations, Subscriptions, and Shopping Cart. Learn More

Auto Return:
    On

Return URL: Enter the URL that will be used to redirect your customers upon payment completion. This URL must meet the guidelines detailed below. Learn More

Return URL: added one

Return URL Requirements: The following items are required in order to set up Auto Return.

Per the user agreement, you must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that will help the buyer understand that the payment has been made and that the transaction has been completed.
    You must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that explains that payment transaction details will be emailed to the buyer.
    Example: Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at www.paypal.com/us to view details of this transaction.
    Payment Data Transfer (optional)

Payment Data Transfer allows you to receive notification of successful payments as they are made. The use of Payment Data Transfer depends on your system configuration and your Return URL. Please note that in order to use Payment Data Transfer, you must turn on Auto Return.

Payment Data Transfer:
    On

Leave a comment:

• Dylansdaddie
    replied
    No... Nothing, people started calling and saying when will I get my access. It did say in the article I quoted that paypal made a few changes but the fix to take out the notify url is impossible to take out and save blank.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    Did you upgrade, add a mod, what changes have you made since this stopped working?

Leave a comment:

• Vbulletin Stoped auto provisioning private subscription accounts

My Auto provision worked up until a few days ago. Now when someone buys a private membership subscription, I receive the money in paypal but it no longer auto provisions the enhanced permissions as it used to. So I end up getting an upset customer who expected to have immediate access.

I read this thread below however if you have IPN enable it will not let you save it without a url in the field. I assume this is why it stopped auto provisioning. Is this correct?

What's the fix?

Thanks
    Keith

2. Check your Paypal IPN settings and make sure your Notification URL is empty. This needs to be empty because (a) it is not necessary, since vBulletin sends Paypal the correct URL to send the IPN to along with the paym
    ent request. (This is the notify_url parameter in the subscription_payment_paypal template). (b) The other reason this needs to be empty, is that if you have your vBulletin URL there, then Paypal will send IPN messages
    for all of your Paypal transactions, not only the ones that originate from your vBulletin installation. This will eventually cause Paypal to disable IPN for your account due to the failed IPNs.