Video Embedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Video Embedding

The feature list for VB4 says " Video Embedding (YouTube, Vimeo, Hulu, Dailymotion, Google, Metacafe) - New in 4.0".

Is this just the regular BBcode? Or is there a genuinely new way to embed videos? The manual makes no mention of it.

You click the video button, Click image for larger version

Name:	video.png
Views:	5
Size:	656 Bytes
ID:	3679432 , and enter the url to the video.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

That is a nice feature, numberous video embedd in one button, is there a bbcode that does the same thing for VBulletin 3.8? I understand that it is a new feature in VBulletin 4, just wondering if there is some sort of work around to get that to work on 3.8?

Comment

What are the options for this code? I would like to be able to force it to thumbnail...
          --
          Velocityxl.com

Comment

i just get the link displayed inside [video] tags. Nothing plays. u have to click the link and then it just goes to youtube. same as always.
            Im on a new installation from a migrated 3.8. does something have to be turned on to get it actually embedded.?

Comment

Might need to uncheck "parse links in text". Working fine here even without doing that.

Comment

very odd.. after i posted, i went back and tried again.. same result..

posted it here in my post, same result also....

Grabbed a random video on youtube and they worked fine in my forum..

seems somethig unique about the video I happened to grab to test with. It plays in an HTML widget in the CMS, but it wont play embedded in the forum. Good enough for me now.. i tried several others and they embed fine. thanks for your help... I wasted a good 2 hours researching because of an oddball video.. duh..

Comment

Don't cha just hate that? Been there, done that!

Comment

How can you add sites to the list of supported sites?

We're a gaming site so I'd like to add Game Trailers and EA Sports.
                    Community Multiplayer Gaming
                    www.osfhome.com

Comment

You'll probably need to create your own custom BB codes for those.

Comment