below nav bar ad covers drop down menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] below nav bar ad covers drop down menu

I am having a problem with my ad covering my drop down menu when opened. My ad is directly below nav bar and it is a google adsense ad, therefore java. Ive been playing around with Object and Embed tags with this code added: <param name="wmode" value="transparent"> with no such luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to my issue. http://www.coscotech.ca/forums/forum.php
    As you can see if you open a drop down menu in the nav bar is goes behind the google ad.

Comment

Anyone

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-Blocking-Menu
        Yes to me to.
        born to fish forced to work

Comment

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...3D+%2238244%22

Comment

My Issue was due to Compatability mode being on in IE8. Make sure you have this option off on your browser. Will create all sorts of issues.

Comment

occurs to me and IE8 and FF and safari and opera.
              text banners are ok but flash banners are the problem.
              I know that flash tries to always be on top, but this option can not be served flash banner is not a good idea

Comment

Flash has always been an issue in CSS design if you try and float something over it. It doesn't act as a solid object that is hard coded into the page, hence the issue.

Comment

Yes Antony, absolutely right about everything.
                  But so what is the meaning of the ads below the navbar.
                  Most users want flash banners at this time.
                  How to explain that this is the problem of flash programming, etc.
                  Users do not care about these things for me is a big problem.

Comment

I wouldn't say "most users" want flash banners, as I would actually say the majority don't incorporate flash within their websites at all due to the headaches it can and does cause.

Unless you design a very specific menu that will tolerate a hover state over flash, then its more to layout choices. If your going to use flash banners, put them elsewhere within the design, ie. swap the flash to inbetween posts, etc, and use hard coded images / contextual advertising directly below the navbar. Because VB put an ad option in that location, doesn't mean it will work for every type off ad variation. You can pull the ad locations out and move them within the templates yourself to cater your specific needs / place a buffer between the navbar and the flash ad, if you absolutely MUST put it below a dynamic aspect off design.

Comment

Yes you are right again.
                      tried by space-top results was a complaint - too much scrolling.
                      I tried to move them down - advertisers unhappy.
                      I tried to convince - Flesh is heavy load slowly - no effect.
                      In this case, it is important that consumers are happy, not me
                      Anyway, if no solution I'll need to figure something out myself.

Thanks for the answers to all traces.

Best Regards
                      Daniel

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X