• Show
Clear All

• dieselpowered
    replied
    My pleasure, we will see how quickly it gets looked at

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting the bug report and the bug report link.

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    replied
    And I am correct

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7614

So I was confused why I had so many skipped table ids in the vb_tag table and I have just figured out what is going on. When posting, if you enter a tag that already exist...the table id increments, however, the tag (being that it is a duplicate of an existing tag) does not enter into the DB. I would think that the table id should only increment when a tag is actually entered into the DB? Does that make sense?

Take a look at the vb_tag table and take note of what the last table id is...now take note of what the next table id is setup to be. Create a test thread and put 3 tags in that already exist. Submit the thread and go back into the vb_tag table. You will notice that the last table id is still the same as above, however, the next table id is now incremented by 3 yet no additional tags are inserted into the db.

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    replied
    Thats why I think something is wrong with vbulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Um, then I can't think of how they get removed. The tagid is an auto_increment field, so no number would get skipped. So, the only way a tag could disappear is if someone deleted it.

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    replied
    I am the only one who can edit / delete tags...so that is not it

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    There isn't any scheduled task that goes through and deletes unused tags (although I wish there were!).

An admin can delete tags through the admin cp. Could that be how they got deleted?

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    replied
    Maybe I am blind, however, I do not see anything in the admin area on purging of unused tags? Does vbulletin do this? How often?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    replied
    How often are tags pruned off? Site is less than three weeks old?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I'm not 100%, but its possible a tags were naturally pruned off due to non use.

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    started a topic [Forum] Question on Tags

Question on Tags

Noticed something in the database and not sure if it is working as designed or what. Looking at the tag table in the database I noticed that there are a lot of missing tagids. I would have thought since it just auto increments by one and since no tags have been deleted, there should be no missing tagids?

Thoughts?

Thanks!