Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parafieldtower
    replied
    Yeah was thinking about doing two vBulletin on different folders accessing different MySQL instance. However, just remembered I am running vbPortal CMS as well. So the files at www.domain.com can't be shared. As such I'm going to create two virtual KVM hosts with one running the current 3.8.x and one running 4.x password protected for the admins to test. Each will have their own MySQL, PHP, Apache, etc. Any issues with vBulletin on CentOS KVM virtualized host?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You can install any number onto the same server provided you have:

- separate databases for each (or separate prefixed tables on the same database)
    - a license for each (or one is a test and behind password protection for you and your admin team to test)

You will not be able to run a 3.x and a 4.x from the same tables - it's just not possible.

If you're looking to create a test site on the same server, take a look at the link in my signature.

Leave a comment:

• parafieldtower
    started a topic [Forum] 2 vBulletin on the same server?

2 vBulletin on the same server?

Hi, I need to migrate from 3.8.x to the new vBulletin 4. To do this I want to have the new version running side by side with the 3.8.x for say a week first. Since I'm getting a new box, would it be better to have two virtualized KVM guests setup (one for 3.8.x and one for 4), or is it possible to install two vBulletin on the same server?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X